Chris NottVolks Autos
    Slowly moving forward!

Status

Side light bulbs

Hi all,

this is going to sound really stupid but how do I get the side light bulbs out? twist? pull? Grrrrrrrr!

Chappers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Top Gear

Status
    That is exactly the right way to do it. Get two fingers in find the cord connected to the bulb and pull. And kinda the same when putting your new ones in. Tricky but it wasn't as bad as some have made out.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    everytime I've done this I've snaped the lil plastic hing that holds it, but Audi replaced them with metal clips now so hopefully shouldn't have any trouble
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Slowly moving forward!

Status
    Thanks guys, a bit of twisting, pulling and Grrrring later and the bulbs are finally replaced with the bluevision ultra sidelight bulbs (with the headlight bulbs obviously). Now just waiting for it to get dark so I can see the difference!!!

Chappers

6th Gear

Status
    Don't get ma started on bulbs...
    Just hope you don't have to replace a rear numberplate bulb.
    Bloody nightmare !
    The screw holding the little plastic lens is heavily angled towards the car body.
    I've got a fair old collection of screwdrivers,but none were good enough.
    No doubt,there's a special tool....
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Reverse Gear

Status
    Its not as hard as it seems, just get nose pin plyers and pull em out, them just put em back in with ur fingers.

Slowly moving forward!

Status
    Putting them back in is definitely easier!!

Neutral

Status
    On the same subject what fitting type are the side lights and what bulbs would go best with my bi-xenons. Too much yellow and blue going on right now... need to sort that out.

Thx.
    Arrived! '56' A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi (170) SE, black, leather sports seats, xenons, alu roof rails, symph II, black headlining, elec lumbar, sunscreen, luggage pack.

Top Gear

Status
    I have bluevision ultra sidelight bulbs in mine and I don't rate them. They still are no where near as white/Blue as my Xenons.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko
    I have bluevision ultra sidelight bulbs in mine and I don't rate them. They still are no where near as white/Blue as my Xenons.
    Same here. Strangely, they look okay when switched on and the Xenons are off, but it's true they're not exactly the same. Still, for 3 I paid on eBay, it'll do!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink