power upgrade & insurance

a3guy

Reaction score
thinking about getting bluefin

admiral have quoted me £25 for a 10% power upgrade .

just wondered if a 10% power upgrade is sufficient to declare as i know bluefin is about 20-25 % depending on the original bhp.

maybe i should tell them the truth :laugh:

but what is the truth since i dont know what the car is producing as standard ?

:ohmy: £182 for 25% power increase

£25 for my bluefin with greenliht insurance, and a more sensible excess.

Anyone with privilege? The cost of the insurance could chage my mind about buying one.

Yup I'm with Privilege called them on Saturday for a price for mine. £133.50 + £11.55 admin charge. I have 9 months left to run on my cover with them. I'm thinking of going with Superchips as the Sheffield dealer is now across the road from where I park.

Does anyone know if they will remove and add it back on again FOC for services etc?

Also does the 10% discount apply ?

I am with privelige and I paid an extra £130 for 12 months with for a 30% increase. Unlike many insurers which will cover modified cars privelige actually will replace the uprated parts on your car if its knicked or damaged etc etc.

Whatever the %age increase in bhp, then additional premium is same
%age of existing premium. This is from direct line.
Not too bad I suppose.You've got to tell the truth mate.

Anybody runs my kid over in what I suspect is a chipped car then I'm going to insist in having the car checked and have the ****** criminalised. We've all got to be aware of this and it can happen to us all at the end of the day. It's not a major increase in monthly:friends: premium really.

Go for it.

d3fy said:
Yup I'm with Privilege called them on Saturday for a price for mine. £133.50 + £11.55 admin charge. I have 9 months left to run on my cover with them. I'm thinking of going with Superchips as the Sheffield dealer is now across the road from where I park.

Does anyone know if they will remove and add it back on again FOC for services etc?

Also does the 10% discount apply ?

With BLuefin you do it all yourself, you plug it into the OBD port and upload/remove the map when ever you want.

Thanks Steve I know, but they only do Bluefin for Derv. So I will need to visit a dealer

sorry didn't check the small print :) I think they are working on the 2.0T though

Might be a go'er after all then. Good old privilege, this is the 2nd year they've beaten my renal quote and with options like the above I think I'll be sticking with um for a few more years to come.

Bit off topic... I'm just about to get a new insurance policy, cheapest by a mile was Elephant.co.uk. Anyone had any experience of this company good or bad?

Im with elephant - seem really good been insured for just over a year, cheapest by a mile on my focus rs i had.

Read the small print in the T&Cs, I seem to remember something dodgy about them.....