EM TuningVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

power upgrade & insurance

thinking about getting bluefin

admiral have quoted me Ł25 for a 10% power upgrade .

just wondered if a 10% power upgrade is sufficient to declare as i know bluefin is about 20-25 % depending on the original bhp.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Well that would be a no then!
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    maybe i should tell them the truth

but what is the truth since i dont know what the car is producing as standard ?

1st Gear

Status
    Ł182 for 25% power increase

5th Gear

Status
    Ł25 for my bluefin with greenliht insurance, and a more sensible excess.

Top Gear

Status
    Anyone with privilege? The cost of the insurance could chage my mind about buying one.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

5th Gear

Status
    Yup I'm with Privilege called them on Saturday for a price for mine. £133.50 + £11.55 admin charge. I have 9 months left to run on my cover with them. I'm thinking of going with Superchips as the Sheffield dealer is now across the road from where I park.

Does anyone know if they will remove and add it back on again FOC for services etc?

Also does the 10% discount apply ?
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

2nd Gear

Status
    I am with privelige and I paid an extra Ł130 for 12 months with for a 30% increase. Unlike many insurers which will cover modified cars privelige actually will replace the uprated parts on your car if its knicked or damaged etc etc.

2nd Gear

Status

Power/Insurance

Whatever the %age increase in bhp, then additional premium is same
    %age of existing premium. This is from direct line.
    Not too bad I suppose.You've got to tell the truth mate.

Anybody runs my kid over in what I suspect is a chipped car then I'm going to insist in having the car checked and have the bugger criminalised. We've all got to be aware of this and it can happen to us all at the end of the day. It's not a major increase in monthly premium really.

Go for it.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d3fy
    Yup I'm with Privilege called them on Saturday for a price for mine. Ł133.50 + Ł11.55 admin charge. I have 9 months left to run on my cover with them. I'm thinking of going with Superchips as the Sheffield dealer is now across the road from where I park.

Does anyone know if they will remove and add it back on again FOC for services etc?

Also does the 10% discount apply ?

With BLuefin you do it all yourself, you plug it into the OBD port and upload/remove the map when ever you want.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks Steve I know, but they only do Bluefin for Derv. So I will need to visit a dealer

5th Gear

Status
    sorry didn't check the small print I think they are working on the 2.0T though

Top Gear

Status
    Might be a go'er after all then. Good old privilege, this is the 2nd year they've beaten my renal quote and with options like the above I think I'll be sticking with um for a few more years to come.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

Neutral

Status
    Bit off topic... I'm just about to get a new insurance policy, cheapest by a mile was Elephant.co.uk. Anyone had any experience of this company good or bad?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Im with elephant - seem really good been insured for just over a year, cheapest by a mile on my focus rs i had.

5th Gear

Status
    Read the small print in the T&Cs, I seem to remember something dodgy about them.....