New car colour??

steve184

Reaction score
I'm ordering my new car very soon (for march 07 delivery) and i'm just trying to decide on colour.

My last A3 was moro blue with pebble grey leather - and i definately still want the pebble grey leather again and although i liked the blue colour - i dont want to make the car exactly the same as this might make it feel like im havin the same car again so i want to choose adifferent colour - i was thinking maybe lava grey or dolphin grey???

What you reckon with regards to 'commonness', resale, popularity etc?

I dont like silvers and blacks and dont really want the standard red (misano red would be ok but not having s-line)

cheers

I've just ordered my S-Line in Dolphin Grey. I've seen about three S-Line spec A3's in the last couple of weeks, all have been black. I was being followed by a yellow A3 yesterday afternoon, and there is no way on earth I'd buy a yellow one :D Grey, Black and Silver should always be safe colours for resale purposes though, so the choice is yours!

White is the new silver apparantly :) Been contemplating it on my order.

co55ie said:
The A3 looks great in white.
Trouble is, by the time you come to sell it, the white "fad" will have passed and you'll be left wishing you'd bought a silver/black/red/blue one.

I've placed my order for a white A3 sportback. :arco:

I'll worry about the resale when the time comes.... Now's the time to enjoy the colour that you really want. If your worried about losing an additional £500 here or there on resale, then you probably shouldn't be buying new anyway.

galewis said:
If your worried about losing an additional £500 here or there on resale....
To lose £500 on resale you have to be able to sell it first....:)

Ever tried to keep a white car clean, second only to Black for showing the dirt. Personal opinion I know but isn't it a bit safe to go the silver/grey route? I have Misano Red and its stunning especially when clean and in S line Sportback spec with 20 spoke 18's...but I appreciate its not to everyones taste. Buy the colour you want as you'll presumably have it for a couple of years and trade it in at the dealer where you'll get screwed regardless of colour. choose the colour that makes you smile:arco:

I don't much rate the current colour choices but bottom line is go get what you like cos no-one has got a crystal ball to forecast what might appeal in the future.

I see a white one around quite a lot. It really grew on me but now (after only a couple of weeks) the appeal is already starting to fade. maybe it was the novelty value. It looks great from the front but from the back and side angles it looks like a big blob of white. It needs something to break it up - a red decal or something.

Ask all the girls in your office what colour they like a car in. This way you'll:

a) find a colour that's most likely to attract women
b) let all the women in your office know you're buying a new car (you 'da man!)
c) you could even end up taking one of them out for a test drive! (in your new car..)

:cool:

I used to have a white Elise, was an utterly amazing colour. White is deceptive as it stays clean longer than you'd think. Only annoyances are bugs and tar spots. Looks amazing when it's just been polished though!

steve184 said:
...My last A3 was moro blue with pebble grey leather - and i definately still want the pebble grey leather again and although i liked the blue colour - i dont want to make the car exactly the same as this might make it feel like im havin the same car again so i want to choose adifferent colour...
If you liked the blue, then I can recommend Mauritius Blue - its a stronger colour than Moro, and looks great with the pebble interior.

marriedblonde said:
The A3 in white looks stunning from all angles in my mind.

J.

After a while it tends to look a little bland. Don't you think it would benefit from coloured wheels or a side stripe like Porsche with the GT3 RS just to break up all the white.

Spook said:
To lose £500 on resale you have to be able to sell it first....:)

That's just what I was thinking,given the trouble Eeef is having getting rid of his red A3...

You could trade it in of course,but then the same dealer who quite happily sold you white may tell you "it won't shift sir" and offer you less.

Still,if you can afford not to keep an eye on future value,go for it.

nah defo dont want white..... not got the balls for that... dont like maritous blue... im really between lava and dolphin although i think lava might be too dark (and nearly black like moro)... although just seen a nother post with dakar beige car on it... that looks interesting....

roadrunner said:
After a while it tends to look a little bland. Don't you think it would benefit from coloured wheels or a side stripe like Porsche with the GT3 RS just to break up all the white.

Hmmm it looks oh so right on a porker but I think it would ohso wrong on a 5 door family car.

The ones I have seen have had the factory tins and sunshine roofs which breaks the colour up...

roadrunner said:
It looks great from the front but from the back and side angles it looks like a big blob of white.

As opposed to a big blob of.... um.... grey? :huh:

Well as opposed to a less noticeable big blob of grey. LOL!