A3 make-over?

normski

Reaction score
I know the A3 has recently had a face-lift, but does anyone know if they plan a ****-lift.

I can't bring myself to part with the money for an A3 whilst the back end looks five years older than the rest of the Audi range.

Spin140 said:
I like the **** but purely sujective of course - some people like fat birds.
LOL! That's funny. Although I've wondered the same thing - when the A3 is due a facelift. Although both the 3dr and Sportback now have the same grills, and we've also seen some slight changes to the S-Line models, the basic look hasn't.

Think of the 8L and after about four years of production, they changed the lights and some other details - so maybe next year we can expect some changes to the 8P?

I think the "****' of the A3 , particularly the sportback is one of the things that make it stand out.
Its big , wide, mean and says "the car in front is an Audi" The rear of the golf is non descript in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the look of the car, I like it, and I am resisting the temptation to go Sportback for the very reason that my mate's 3 door GTi looks miles meaner than my 5 door.

I just know that if I order an A3 for March, the barstards will facelift (arselift) it a week after mine arrives, you know what I mean. I didn't order one last year cuz I knew they would do the front, and it took them a years...I could be waiting forever at this rate.

Even toyed with a new Gti the other day, but as soon as I had a go in an R32 afterwards, I knew what the Gti was missing in styling and couldn't contemplate it. Plus it was boring...

Back to the A3...

It get's to a point when you just have to bite the bullet and go for it. Something is bound to change on the new car during the period of ownership, which for most is about 2-3 years, even just a small change like Symphony II -> Symphony III. If you wait too long you'll find out a new model is due out in 18 months time and have to wait for that!
You could be 'putering around on your bicycle indefinately! :)

I can only agree with Granny, at this rate you could just go on and on WAITING on something that is bound to change....
After all VW will bring out the new GOLF mk6 model in 2008, maybe also a A3 mk3 to follow soon after the golf is out?!
So just go for it, or u'll completly miss out on a great car!!

ps - in 2/3 years time u could trade in for the newer models coming out - right now it's a great time to get the A3. :arco:

When the current A3 was launched in 2003, it had a 6 year lifespan.

Expect a mkIII version to start surfacing in about 2 years time.

You could always buy an S3... I hear there's a new one coming out soon ;-)