New A3 Sportback Arrived

touring50

Reaction score
Picked new car up yesterday. Wife picked Dakar Beige and I along with the sales staff had a few reservations , but have to say really impressed along with all the staff at Listers Coventry. Looks great and as nobody else seams to order this colour a bit different.

Really pleased with car finding it difficult not to press the go pedal to hard

Car as ordered Sportback Sport 170tdi s tronic
Options: Grey Alcantara/leather, spoiler, bose, heated seats, interior light pack, luggage pack, roof rails, armrest, cruise control, parking sensors, multi function wheel, rain/light sensors, ipod thingy, and yes even rear mats (Audi do test your will with options list)

Lots of expense but I would say its worth it as very impressed with quality feel of everything

Would post pictures if someone told me how to in not more than ten words or so
(dont get on with computers)

Well done on your choice of car and a good selection of options.

It would be interesting to see photos of your car. You can host them on a site such as photobucket then post links to the site.

Have to admit I don't think it would be my choice of colour but different and good to hear that your pleased with colour and car. Nice (expensive) options list.

Just out of interest what date did you place the order. I was told 8/10 weeks, then advised it was on course for 8 weeks then suddenly on Friday it's gone to 12 weeks so I'm a bit peed off right now.

So what date have they given you now roadrunner?

TBH, if it was mid-Jan onwards then I'd be inclined to tell the dealer to hang onto it until Mar 1st for the new reg and thus slightly better residuals come sale-time.

8 weeks took me up to last week and up to mid-October they confirmed that it looked fine for delivery on 1 November. Had no contact and so last week I chased them up and they said looks like being end of November as car was only due to be built last week. How can they get it so wrong.

Yep, if it goes to late January I will wait for an 07. On the other hand if it goes to late January I want my money back! Is there any benefit these days in waiting till January so I can say it is a 2007 instead of a 2006 car??

I don't think there'd be any advantage to getting it registered after 1st Jan tbh. It'll be a 2007 model year car anyway which, together with the registration, is the only age-related things any potential buyer would care about.

Mine's scheduled to be built the week starting 13th Nov for delivery on 8th November. Just praying it doesn't get delayed.

Thanks for info.

Just out of interest what date did you actually place the order for yours? It seems that 3 weeks is about right from build week to delivery.

Does anyone know the actual process? if 2 unrelated dealers place an order for identical cars on the same day should they be delivered on or about the same date or does it all work on allocations and other things?

Mine took exactly 10 weeks from placing order which included the dealer fitting and painting spoiler

Perhaps different dealers have more buying power than others

Order went in to the lease company around mid-September so it'll have taken a couple of months from then to the build-week. I've got a feeling it was scheduled to be built this week but got shunted back a week due to my adding the phone prep at the last second (see Grrr thread).

2-3 weeks from build to delivery seems to be the norm which is pretty impressive when you consider they have to be shipped over from Germany.

YIPPEE! Had a call and am told that Audi haven't been updating their build progress reports and mine will now be ready for collection next week. 2 weeks from build to delivery including 2 days from leaving factory to leaving Grimsby depot. On checking paperwork it wll be exactly 10 weeks from order date to pick up date.

EEhhaaa

looks like this i guess

beige.jpg

cooky