VW releases 227bhp Golf

raymie said:
the interior is f****n rotten :puke2: :puke2: :puke2:

I think it's superb!
And being a Golf GTI it'll be not only more comfortable and supportive than the A3, but the car will handle better too.

I'd have one in a flash.

Ess_Three said:
Nasty?
BBS CHs?
Not nasty as all...and BBS, sticking with the Anniversary tie up of pervious generations.
Absolutely right - they're virtually the same as the optional S-Line wheels! The first picture looks like the wheels have been photoshopped in too. Could be wrong, but it's a poor quality picture.

In my opinion it's a very desirable car indeed. The old GTI 25-year anniversary sold solidly and still commands decent prices even now, so this new model would appear to be a good purchase.

Will have to wait until EVO drive it to see how the lowered suspension works with the extra power.

Ess_Three said:
I think it's superb!
And being a Golf GTI it'll be not only more comfortable and supportive than the A3, but the car will handle better too.

I'd have one in a flash.

each to their own m8, hate the checked seats horrible

Ess_Three said:
Nasty?
BBS CHs?
Not nasty as all...and BBS, sticking with the Anniversary tie up of pervious generations.

Just cause they are BBS don't make em nice, thats why I did not spec them on mine as a no cost option cause they are f*cking awful, now the CVs or RXs are nice

CHs are lovely wheels but imo they dont suit the new shape Golf or A3

I was once unfortunate enough to be in a 1990 Peugeot 406 that had seats like that :ermm:

We're seeing a few power variants of the 2.0T FSI now..... Just a shame my 200PS is the bottom of the heap :sob:

If you pop over to the MKIV forum you will find more info on the 30th Anni, you will also see some intersting comments regarding power output of the Golf GTi

I'm in the 'gross wheels' camp too.

What about the new Mazda 3 MPS ?

I's going to be cheaper and more powerful.
250bhp and under £20K,I think.
Roadtests seem quite favourable too.
Styling is probably more controverial than the 'safe' Golf,but I like the Mazda 3's styling in general.

never mind the so so wheels ( just coz they are BBS dont automatically mean they are great) That interior is AWFUL!!!

I think the standard GTI looks better as well, that body kit doesnt do the shape any favours.

I have a friend with a GTI with a revo re map & it is very impressive, in the dry it is a little quicker than my (currently) standard S3. In the wet tho its like the TC light is a strobe on the dash constantly.

I quite like the car what I dont like is the price tag especially when you spec one up a bit and think about the other similar cars that are available for far less money.

The seat fabric and golf ball gear knob are dreadful .

bowfer said:
car_photo_201939_5.jpg

Hmm, the package as a whole looks interesting, but the MPS bodystyling really is dreadful. Those sideskirts remind me of the fibreglass Ford RS copies you could get back in the 90s! :puke2:

Ess_Three said:
Nasty?
BBS CHs?

Agree about the CH's, nice wheels. Just hope they don't corrode like our 25th Anniversary RC's.