Retrofit Multifunction Streering Wheel

Spook

Reaction score
Has anyone done this?

I assume it's a straight swap for the non-MF wheel, provided the appropriate adjustment is made with VAG-COM ?

Thought the new flat bottomed MF wheel might be a nice upgrade :)

Great question Spook, been wondering about sourcing a wheel for my 06 S Line Sportback so that I can make real use of the Bluetooth function. Any ideas where to get one cheap?

Have seen one or two S-Line steering wheels on eBay (can't recall if any where MF though), so frequent searches there might yield something.

When I bought my 2005 sportback, I asked the dealer if it would be possible to fit the 'old' style steeringwheel with the round center. (I don't like the looks of the SFG style steering wheel). The workshop manager said it would probably not be possible. Something to do with the airbag electrics.

They were probably telling porkies to avoid having to do extra work, but I wouldn't dare mess around with my airbags myself.

That said: The new RS4 style steering wheel does look very very nice. Sooo much better than the standard wheel. If it were possible to buy one somewhere I would be very tempted indeed.