Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Retrofit Multifunction Streering Wheel

Has anyone done this?

I assume it's a straight swap for the non-MF wheel, provided the appropriate adjustment is made with VAG-COM ?

Thought the new flat bottomed MF wheel might be a nice upgrade

2. # ADS
    ADS

BrianM

Status
    Great question Spook, been wondering about sourcing a wheel for my 06 S Line Sportback so that I can make real use of the Bluetooth function. Any ideas where to get one cheap?

Status
    Have seen one or two S-Line steering wheels on eBay (can't recall if any where MF though), so frequent searches there might yield something.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

1st Gear

Status
    When I bought my 2005 sportback, I asked the dealer if it would be possible to fit the 'old' style steeringwheel with the round center. (I don't like the looks of the SFG style steering wheel). The workshop manager said it would probably not be possible. Something to do with the airbag electrics.

They were probably telling porkies to avoid having to do extra work, but I wouldn't dare mess around with my airbags myself.

That said: The new RS4 style steering wheel does look very very nice. Sooo much better than the standard wheel. If it were possible to buy one somewhere I would be very tempted indeed.
    A3 sportback 2.0FSI sport, mauritius blue, proline, alu, interior light pack, rain&light sensor, cruise.