central locking options?

skooby

Reaction score
Can you still specify to the stealer when picking up a new car to have the central locking set so that it locks itself when the car is moving and that one press of the remote opens only driver side door and two to open others.

do they charge for this and if so how much is a fair price.

btw does a nono fit into the ipod conection...are there any pix of this.

thanks skooby

The central locking is fully programmable, a dealer or anyone with a vag-com can do this.
When I picked up my car the central locking was not set how I wanted it so I took it back to the dealer and they reprogrammed foc.

excellent so i will just let them know before i pickup and they should program it FOC...cool

skooby

I think the set up you describe is the way the cars come;

Drive off autolock - on.
One press for driver's door.
Two press for all doors.

I think so anyway.

I got them to change mine to:
Drive off autolock - off.
One press lock/unlock for all doors.

I'd to ask for the autolock on car moving to be switched on when I got mine, FOC of course!

tibbs said:
I'd to ask for the autolock on car moving to be switched on when I got mine, FOC of course!

I could have sworn drive-off autolock was EC law now.
Some anti-carjacking directive ?
My wife's Clio has it,which makes me think it must be law,otherwise why would such a basic/cheap car have it ?
Her Clio has the one click / two click thing for the doors as well.

I'm going to request it's changed to the same as mine,at it's first service.

If you have kids,autolock is such a pain in the backside.
You get to the school/nursery/childminder,jump out with the car running and find their door is locked...it drives you nuts.

bowfer said:
My wife's Clio has it,which makes me think it must be law,otherwise why would such a basic/cheap car have it ?

You get to the school/nursery/childminder,jump out with the car running and find their door is locked...it drives you nuts.

I don't know why they don't follow other car manufacturers and unlock all the doors when the drivers door is opened from the inside....

bowfer said:

Couldn't agree more !! Going to get mine updated asap to the one click unlock all, drive off stay unlocked, the amount of times I go to the boot to find it locked, Grrrrrrr

I quite like the drive-off auto-lock and also have it set to unlock the driver's door when the key is removed from the ignition but I despise the one/two staged unlock thing. Wonder if it's possible to keep the auto-lock and unlock but have the remote unlock all doors and the tailgate with a single click?

Vertigo1 said:
I quite like the drive-off auto-lock and also have it set to unlock the driver's door when the key is removed from the ignition but I despise the one/two staged unlock thing. Wonder if it's possible to keep the auto-lock and unlock but have the remote unlock all doors and the tailgate with a single click?
I did this with my shiny new VAG-COM just the other night! :)

Interesting. One more question then - with this permutation, when you remove the key from the ignition does it unlock all the doors or just the drivers?

Vertigo1 said:
Wonder if it's possible to keep the auto-lock and unlock but have the remote unlock all doors and the tailgate with a single click?

That is how mine was delivered.

Vertigo1 said:
Interesting. One more question then - with this permutation, when you remove the key from the ignition does it unlock all the doors or just the drivers?
It unlocks all the doors.

Right! I'm having that! If the dealer tries to charge me for it I'll scream until they do :)

One other thing that annoys the hell out of my current configuration is the coming-home lighting. I leave this on so it illuminates my front door whilst I fumble about for keys and keyholes but take this scenario:

1. Arrive at home in the dark.
2. Remove key from ignition - driver's door unlocks
3. Get out of the car and go to the boot to get stuff
4. Damn thing is locked!
5. Press remote unlock twice to unlock the boot
6. Open and close boot and lock car
7. Headlights go out!!!

Yep the act of unlocking the car again to get into the boot cancels the coming-home lights so that locking it kills them instantly. Hopeless.

I sincerely hope I can get mine programmed the same way yours is, I didn't realise this was possible and would have had it done earlier had I known. Only issue is that my car is a lease one and so will be delivered direct by the lease company rather than the local dealer so I can't really go into the dealer and moan at them to sort it for free as they won't have supplied it.

Might be worth dropping the lease company a line about it and see if they can forward the details on to whoever preps the car for delivery. Do the lease companies source the cars through a dealer "somewhere" or direct from Audi UK HQ or something?

spke to dealer today and it does come set to auto lock ot sure about the light at night thing as was unawear about that feature is it a remote feature are and extra like auto lights??

going to speak to dealer tomorow as will be in that next of the woods.

skooby

The coming-home lighting function comes with the automatic headlights included with the light & rain pack. There's a small switch by the headlight dial to switch it on and off.

thanks for the info :no light & rain so no comming home light o well

skooby