Volks AutosBadger5
    nb
    Very poorly A3 at the moment..........

Status

Satnav.........random questions

guys this probably in the wrong section but does anyone have any issues with the factory unit??
    I have started to get really pis@ed off with mine as alot of places are out of date but i suppose i can live with that and hope an update comes out soon!!

But recently it tells me so last minute when to turn that i find myself driving all over the show trying to follow the route!!
    one way systems i often find it tells me to turn the wrong way whilst the map shows the right way??!!
    re-routes take so long to update that i can be driving around like a donut til it decides to find an alternative. and also the same for starting some journeys where i find myself having to guess the route for a few minutes til it recognises the route!!
    Roundabouts are a nightmare and wont even start on that!!

i presume this is due to gps and not the head unit??!!

Also can anyone recommend any settings that will make things easier to follow as it really is starting to annoy me. i used north facing all the time and have that turn list and zoom thing turned on.

Cheers
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line SE, Phantom Black, SatNav, TV, Bose, CD Changer, Cruise Control, Heated Front Seats, Lumbar Support, Interior Light Pack, MFSW, Rear Floor Mats!!!!
    REVO Remap by Dave at ADS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Best advice I can offer is to get a login on http://www.navplus.us. What those guys don't know about the RNS-E isn't worth knowing.

Before you post there, have a search of the forum - chances are someone has had the same problem before and will know how to fix it.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Reverse Gear

Status

Retro SatNav Fitting

:D

I just had Retro fitted to my Brand New RS4 Sat/Nav System from www_satnavsystems_com.
    These guys are very quick and professional. I just had new system fitted within 48 hours for 1199 plus VAT. A qualified Audi engineer come to my house installed, programmed and coded everything to factory spec. with latest VAS-5053 Original Audi Diagnostic Tool.
    This guys are not the cheapest, but they are the only in the UK who offer a full 12 months warranty on parts and labor with qualified Audi engineer. I have done a research for almost a month before I found www_SatNavSystem_com -in the end my local Audi Dealer has recommended me to them.
    I have spent almost 60k on my car and did not want some cowboys to damage my beauty!!
    My full recommendation to all of you!!!
    RS4 - Sapcekid

1st Gear

Status
    Did that include installation.

nb
    Very poorly A3 at the moment..........

Status
    those chaps on the navplus site talk a different f@~king language..........
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line SE, Phantom Black, SatNav, TV, Bose, CD Changer, Cruise Control, Heated Front Seats, Lumbar Support, Interior Light Pack, MFSW, Rear Floor Mats!!!!
    REVO Remap by Dave at ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nb
    those chaps on the navplus site talk a different f@~king language..........
    They're certainly bright, that's for sure - there's a thread running at the moment (called Nav Hacks) which is looking at ways of decompiling the sat nav software so it can be customised!

If it's all too technical for you, click the "Quick Links" link and there's lots of information for newbies, including retrofits and other questions and guides.

It is an immensely useful resource - couldn't have done my install without navplus.us. While hooking up all the adapters, I was still running indoors and running searches on the forum from my laptop!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    I was still running indoors and running searches on the forum from my laptop!

*cough* wireless *cough*
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    *cough* wireless *cough*
    LOL!!! Next February I'll have had cable broadband at home for four years, and at the time wireless was very rare. I ran an RJ45 cable through my house with a firewall/router/hub at one end, and a hub at the other - I've made my choice and will have to stick with it for now!

Status
    LOL....And why not the americans still use horse and cart leave springs
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    LOL....And why not the americans still use horse and cart leave springs
    Thought that was the new Ford Mustang suspension?

I'm not really worried about wireless to be honest. Our house is so small that there's only really a couple of places you can sit and use a laptop. Plus wires are more secure, and there's the guaranteed 100MB LAN availability - I'm in no rush to change it!