A3 Votex Body Kit

Spook

Reaction score
Could someone please let me have some information about the Votex body kit for the A3?

In particular, I'd like to know if it can be sourced from somewhere other than the dealer network and if so where, and also whether each component has to be purchased separately or whether there is a single price for the complete package.

I'd also be interested to hear the experiences of those who have had the Votex kit retofitted, e.g. where they had it done, how much it cost for fitting and painting, and whether it was value for money.

I'm thinking of having it fitted to my A3 3.2, but I'm being quoted £1,700 by my dealer for the parts, fitting and painting!

Thanks.

£1700 seems about right, I think I paid £1600-1700 and this was the best quote I got, some dealers quoted £2200

Yup Spook - thats about on the money. You can source the bits your self and then find a body shop if you wanted. They come up on ebay every now and then

Eeef said:
Go for the Oettinger kit instead :)
What's wrong with the Votex kit, then? It looks great on your car....;)

The oettinger kit is lovely

3397.jpeg

Just thought i'd tell anyone interested, seen this in a us forum, ecs tuning are doing a offer for the full votex kit for 170$, so with delivery it works out to be around £170. I don't know how the customs etc would work, personally I think its a great deal but I'm gonna be looking for a s3 kit when funds permit :cool:

it also looks like a £170 kit , not keen at all , one way to ruin a car.

it also looks like a £170 kit , not keen at all , one way to ruin a car.

Thats the problem with the oettinger kit. At least the vorex is std fit so secondhand car value should hold up

£1,700 is a lot of money to spend on an Airfix kit!!

The S3 kit is the best option in my opinion, anything more than that looks like it should be in Max Power.

£1,700 is a lot of money to spend on an Airfix kit!!

The S3 kit is the best option in my opinion, anything more than that looks like it should be in Max Power.

It would be, but the Votex kit is an OE quality subtle kit. Hardly airfix.

I would far rather run a Votex kit on my car than pretend it's an S3 when it's not.

My old A3 with Votex Kit and S-line rear bumper:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=71860

I bought the front lip off ebay for £70

Skirts off ebay for £200

Bought the rear lip for £75 but didn't like it. I then got hit slightly in the rear and did a deal with the bodyshop to fit the new s-line rear bumper (which was the same price)

IMO the votex combo is the best on the market for the A3

hi just out of interest does my car have the votex kit fitted if not what is fitted?
front
13102009316.jpg

front+side view
13102009317.jpg

rear
13102009319.jpg

Yes thats the full votex kit! It is missing the proper Votex tailpipes though! Most people forget to add them so the OEM pipes sit too far back.

Ok so that doesn't look so bad as I thought, but I have to say, thats effectively just a few lips around the front, back and sides and a spoiler....for £1,700!? Seriously???

Hi guys mine has the kit on it it was on when i bought it i think it makes the car stand out got the pipes aswell pics on site check them out

I have the votex side skirts, rear valance and rear silencer on an s-line and it looks the shizzle, but alot of thats also to do with the colour/wheel combo.
I would make sure you get the rear pipes as well or it will look ****.

Hi, I have a A3 2006 2.0tdi quattro s-line and wanting to change the rear valance as it is partly body coloured and part black plastic. I like the look of the votex rear skirt but was informed that it would not fit a s-line model? How did you manage it to fit yours kash_sky1? Thanks in advance

I have the votex side skirts, rear valance and rear silencer on an s-line and it looks the shizzle, but alot of thats also to do with the colour/wheel combo.
I would make sure you get the rear pipes as well or it will look ****.

Agreed, I like the Votex kit on my black S-Line, but when I saw it on silver cars if left me a bit cold.

Does anyone know why Audi say the votex side skirts are not for s-line models? by the looks of things people have had them retro fitted to s-line! I have just bought a set on ebay and before I leave the car in i would like to know if it is an issue.

Thanks

Does anyone know why Audi say the votex side skirts are not for s-line models? by the looks of things people have had them retro fitted to s-line! I have just bought a set on ebay and before I leave the car in i would like to know if it is an issue.

Thanks

What year is your car?

Thanks

The front and rear votex skirts do not fit because S lines have different bumpers but the side skirts fit no problem, go for it!

. If his car is around 05, it will have sport kit on it,so front rear and sides will fit.

its an 05 v6 s-line sportback, thanks for the reply, any idea how much paint and fit should cost for jus the sides? its avus silver pearl.

its an 05 v6 s-line sportback, thanks for the reply, any idea how much paint and fit should cost for jus the sides? its avus silver pearl.

The full kit will fit yours then! I got mine painted for £75 but quotes vary depending who you know, where you go!

HI THERE GUYS.

FIRST OFF ALL FOR ANY OF YOU WHO TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS POST AND BETTER STILL REPLY I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

I HAVE A 2004 3.2V6 3DR WITH THE FACTORY VORTEX BODYKIT, IT IS A PRE FACE LIFT TWO PIECE GRILL. LIKE THIS ONE

579171-4.jpg

I AM GOING TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW SINGLE GRILL FRONT END AND INITIALLY WAS THINKING OF THE STANDARD FACE LIFT S LINE BUMPER, THEN SWITCHED TO THINKING OF S3 FRONT END WITH S LINE BADGE (NOT TRYING TO PRETENT S3) AND LEAVING THE VORTEX SKIRTS AND REAR BUMPER ON AS I REALLY LIKE THE VORTEX KIT. NOW AFTER READING THIS THREAD I REALISE THAT SOME OF YOU GUYS HAVE FITTED A VORTEX KIT TO A FACE LIFT, SOMETHING I DIDNT KNOW WAS POSSIBLE! NOW I HAVE SEEN IT I WANT TO KEEP MY VORTEX KIT BUT UPGRADE THE FRONT END TO FACELIFT SINGLE GRILL S LINE WITH MY VORTX ON THE BOTTOM.

SO MY QUESTION IS WHICH S LINE BUMPER DO I NEED TO BE ABLE TO FIT THE VORTEX LIP???? HERE ARE TWO PICS OF AS FAR AS I KNOW ARE THE ONLY 2 S LINE FRONT BUMPERS THAT EXIST ON THE 2005-2009 A3 S LINE.

%5CUsers%5CUser%5CDownloads%5Cmedia1.jpg
media1.jpg

media2.jpg

NOW IM PRESUMING THAT VORTEX WOULD FIT ON THE SECOND ONE IN PLACE OF THE LIP YOU CAN SEE NO? THE FIRST OBVIOUSLY THE ISSUE IS THE LIP HAS THE FOG GRILLS IN IT WHICH WOULD NT BE SUITABLE FOR THE VORTEX LIP. SO AM I CORRECT BASICALLY, IF I GOT THE S LINE 05/09 BUMPER FROM THE SECOND PIC MY VORTEX FRONT LIP SHOULD FIT STRAIGHT ON NO? I KNOW THAT TO FIT AN 05-09 BUMPER ON A 2004 ILL NEED THE NEW BONNET AS WELL. ALSO ONE LAST THING, ARE ALL BUMPERS AND BONNETS ON THE FRONT END OF THE 05-09 AE THE SAME ON 3DR AND 5DR? MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE AGAIN.

It would be, but the Votex kit is an OE quality subtle kit. Hardly airfix.

I would far rather run a Votex kit on my car than pretend it's an S3 when it's not.

agree with this:icon_thumright:
Votex is the best kit for non S3 models IMO.
I like.

cheers
Paul

You need the Bumper pictured in the second photo, although unfortunately you will need a new lip as well, the votex lip is different. As for bumpers and bonnets, the 3dr and 5dr are the same.

A3Quattrofront-1.jpg

the above post is correct you will need facelift bumper+bonnet and revised votex front lip