Coolant and Haldex servicing and anything else ?

A3_TOBES

Reaction score
Cars had its 1st AVS this week and just want to be sure whats else will need doing over time and when.

Brake fluid will be Feb 07 for me, when does the coolant get replaced as IMO it also has a shelf life the same as brake fluid ? Also whens the haldex due as my cars a Quattro ?

Also does anyone have guide prices for this other work ?

cheers in advance.

Check your manual but I thought it said the coolant was filled for life????

I got an answer from Audi as to what level the coolant reservoir is filled to at the factory - "When your vehicle leaves the Audi Factory the coolant system will be filled to the maximum level on the expansion tank".

Mine is not at the max when cold or hot so I'm assuming it leaks somewhere so will need to book it in sometime. I've bought some G12 Plus coolant to top it up if necessary in the meantime. Halfords didn't do anything called G12 Plus but did do something that matched the specified VW spec apart from the last letter but I kept clear of that and bought the official G12 Plus stufff from the Dealer. It was cheap enough. Then bought some de-ionised water from Halfords as this should be better than tap water if I have to mix anything up to top it up in the meantime.

So I guess if any of you have a coolant level more than a little below the max you should perhaps take a closer look!