A3 Forums - comments from the outside

howatsi

Reaction score
Just reading/browsing the A3 forum, which is always busier the the A4 forum (they must all be out driving their A4s) and must say the chat is always interesting,
But I must say that everyone is different (thank god!) and that is why some people choose Audis to spend time in and money on, so having bought 3 Audis in the last 3 years, driving 800+k miles in the last 20 years and hold a C+E licence, I feel I can share some wisdom and experience.
Comments on the "thick" questions, most of the answers to the questions can be found in the manual, tip spend time reading the manual before you drive off and you will get more enjoyment from your car.
Comments on suspension/seats, I live in Kirklees West Yorkshire (Pothole capital of Britain) and I must say the A3 SE rode the bumps better than the thump and crash of the A4 Sport. However the sport seats inc lumber control in the A4 are very comfortable (I am on the large size), the A3 seats were lacking in every respect!
Comments on colour, I do think German cars look good in silver, however so does every other manufacturer and the police! (better residuals) So time for people to change, for me it has to black, although the old man calls my car "The Hearse" but he's just bought a Sportback in silver of course.
Comments on dealers, they like selling them, but they really love taking large amounts of cash off you for servicing!
Comments on driving, everyone knows they are the greatest, but for me driving is a skill and a privilege, a skill which always needs improving and a privilege which if abused should be removed and yes I've done my fair share of silly things when I was younger, the best place for all that is on the track/off road.
But finally I love everything with wheels on, including the Sainsbury trolley I will test driving tonight, but I do like my motors. Safe driving!
(Current B6 owner 1.9TDI Quattro Sport waiting for his new B7 2.0TDI 170 Quattro S-line SE plus toys can't wait and yes the exhaust pipes are still turned down on B7)