1st AVS service - Whats been ticked/written in your service book ?

A3_TOBES

Reaction score
Morning all, my car's just had its 1st AVS serivice but I am a little confused as to whats been put in the service book. I've gone through the invoice and all seems to be correct for a 1st AVS but just wonder whats people have had ticked and written in their serice book. Can you mention whats been ticked and thats been written.

Many thnks in advance :)

When my first AVS service was done back in September 2005 they filled in the service book as follows:

entered the date and miles.
ticked YES for Longlife Service.
ticked NO for everything else.
put a cross for 'Timing belt replaced at (km/miles)'
Stamped the page with their dealer stamp
entered NOTHING next to 'Next Service:'
ticked next to 'Due when Service is indicated in dash display'

h5djr said:
When my first AVS service was done back in September 2005 they filled in the service book as follows:

Cheers for the reply. Mine also had no for the oil change so gather it only refers to the inspection service. The car was serviced at 9824 and had Next Service:29824 and the 'Due when Service is indicated in dash display' ticked ?

Presumably you did have the oil changed though?

Did it come to the £213 quoted and how was the service?

cdb2 said:
Presumably you did have the oil changed though?

Did it come to the £213 quoted and how was the service?

Yeh the oil was changed.

I found out the quote was wrong when I called back. Turned out to be 260inc vat. 213 did seem a bit cheap hence y i called them back. Service was fine, courtesy car was good (A4 S-line 2.0T Avant) thinking of chopping the A3 actually since the service for one. Will be more room for our dog. They where couteous and the car was ready when said. Did'nt have the wash/hoover as car was pretty clean. Was going to pm u my findings on the setup but u've now saved me having to do so.

£260 sounds about average for a 1st AVS.

Can you post the breakdown in the sticky AVS thread please, would be interesting in there to compare how much labour they booked for the AVS too.

cdb2 said:
£260 sounds about average for a 1st AVS.

Can you post the breakdown in the sticky AVS thread please, would be interesting in there to compare how much labour they booked for the AVS too.

Will do when back at home next.

h5djr said:

Cheers for the reply. Mine also had no for the oil change so gather it only refers to the inspection service, anyone condirm this?. The car was serviced at 9824 and had Next Service:29824 (is that right?) and the 'Due when Service is indicated in dash display' ticked.

cheers for any more info.