New S3 build dates?

JohnS3

Reaction score
Hello!

For those of us with orders in for the new S3, does anyone have a confirmed build date yet?

Regards, John.

Ive been told week 50 for the build. so im expecting it after the new year. I was slow in confirming my order due to work commitments, but i would expect a good few to be built far earlier

Just got the news that it's week 51 for me.

JohnS3 said:
Just got the news that it's week 51 for me.

Brave man to order the car without driving it!

I was chasing the dealer last week for their demonstrator but still no news on its arrival. I did manage to use the configurator on the audi website and discovered that with options my S3 is going to be £32K so I'm definately waiting until I can have a go in it. Bristol Audi must be getting sick of me, but I am first on the list to drive the demonstrator when it arrives.

Hurry up Audi, get the demonstrators delivered!

stevec said:
Brave man to order the car without driving it!

I was chasing the dealer last week for their demonstrator but still no news on its arrival. I did manage to use the configurator on the audi website and discovered that with options my S3 is going to be £32K so I'm definately waiting until I can have a go in it. Bristol Audi must be getting sick of me, but I am first on the list to drive the demonstrator when it arrives.

Hurry up Audi, get the demonstrators delivered!

It's ordered, but I can still cancel with a full refund if the test drive isn't up to my expectations. I'm sure it will be!

I know what you mean about the dealers, I've been asking loads of questions, they say they'll get back to you, but they dont. You have to do all the chasing all the time, just like bl**dy solicitors. (no offence intended to any on the forum, just having flash backs to our last move, shiver....)

Yep. Very brave ordering a new car without driving it.

Steve,

I am starting to reconsider the S3. The looks are growing on me slowly, and in terms of cost-of-ownership, its looking more favourable than say, '04 BoxsterS, 350z etc. AND... I'm just not sure if I can live without quattro.

But anyway, I have heard that w/c 6th November will start to see the first demo's arrive. But I bet that will slip.

AL

AL_B said:
I am starting to reconsider the S3. The looks are growing on me slowly, and in terms of cost-of-ownership, its looking more favourable than say, '04 BoxsterS, 350z etc. AND... I'm just not sure if I can live without quattro.

But anyway, I have heard that w/c 6th November will start to see the first demo's arrive. But I bet that will slip.
AL

I know what you mean about total cost of ownership. That's what has landed me back in the S3 or 18 month ol S4 camp after considering the other options.

I have a 5 year old S3, with a trade in at the dealer of £10K with 60,000 miles which cost me £22.5K from Germany.

If I work out my new proposed S3 spec which was £32,350 give or take a bit, I am looking a good amount of return for my money too.

The S3 risiduals seems to be utterly fanstatic, the original model was quoted at 50% of value after 3 years and 60,000 miles. I just can't get this with other cars and have practicality, quality and quattro.

I have lots of sprint blue pictures of the new S3 and its growing on me too, but I'm not going to buy one with the dealer until I get an extended test drive.

The problem for me is trying to get this sorted in the next 4 months or so, I just had my MOT and the car passed but will need new discs and pads all around (and these are all the original parts from new still on the car) I also have a variable service of 64,000 looming too, so am keen not to have to spend any money on my old S3 that can be put towards toys on my new Audi...

dealer offered me 9.5k for a 5yr old s3 48K miles for my trade in, still not sure about that. got a few scratches but expected 10.5k.

the spec for my new s3 came to just over 28k. Im just not a gasget man, bose and ipod connector does me fine. and a few bits n bobs.

Hi
No build date for my S3 yet, but told it will be ready in January.Audi are running dealer training days on Wednesday 1st Nov to introduce there salespeople to the car, expecting feedback from saleperso Thursday. Been told demo available 2nd week November.
Anybody got any photo's of a sprint blue S3 so i can see what it will look like, can't find any anyware, only on the configorater and thats crap.

Cheers !

dsc00109wp3.jpg

That looks great. Is there a second picture missing?

Regards, John.

something gone wrong with the link, if you want full size pics, pm me and will email them..

It needs 19" wheels IMO. Why are 19's an option for the new TT (I think available from Jan onwards) but not on the S3.

Are the offsets/PCD's the same? new S3 vs new TT?

AL

Glad to see you're all after my S-Line - 13th Nov for me, which I believe is week 46 :)