Help!

Spin140

Reaction score
Been attempting to fit some Ali pedals kindly supplied by 'Married Blonde' - cheers J.

No problem fitting the clutch and Brake pedals but after removing the screw on the LHS of the Accelarator the assembly is still firmly attached, I didn't want to pull too hard in case anything broke, looking at the replacement it does appear to just clip in place once the afore mentioned screw has been removed but thought I had better make sure before I start levering the old one out, can anyone help ?

Spin.

You need brute force I'm afraid, I was exactly the same. I stopped and posted on here. Have a look on the new one where the lugs are and then go apply some real preasure to the same points on your current pedal.

Only way I'm afraid

Cheers for that I thought that may be the case so I'll fetch out that big screw driver this evening :) The DBW electric connector at the top of the pedal is also quite stiff, it has a grey slide release catch at the RHS am guessing the same with this - plenty of pressure required ?

Thanks again.

Not sure on the DBW clip as I broke mine trying to get it off (just the clip to stop it from sliding off) have a good search on here, we had a few threads running when J did a group buy on them

i broke the clip off the wire connector too , anyone know where i can get a replacement

Thanks for all the help, found a link via search facility with a great How To so will give it a go tonight and hopefully not break the connector clip !

There are 2 clips which hold the pedal down. if you look at your new one you'll see the holes where you can slide a small screw driver in to release the clips. Other than that just give it a good tugg and a wiggle!! Trust me it's not as difficult as it seems - I did it!!

All done now, it is pretty simple as you all said the only awkward bit for me was removing the wiring harness from the old acc' pedal, the clip has to be pushed all the way down and the assembly pulled apart at the same time which due to its proximaty was awkward and resulted in a bit of bad language! Finally it released without damage and the end result is very good, a worthwhile mod IMO.