going from TT 3.2 to A3 2tfsi what you think???

skooby

Reaction score
Hi there new to this forum so hope you bear with me if i repeat post, i have had a little look from the forum.

Anyway as the title say i have a TT 3.23 DSG but am wanting to changed car i do not like the new TT,just one of thoughs things so am now in a dilemer as to which car to get i very much like to 3.2 V6 espesialy the sound it made loved the DSG though i can live with gears so my question are, if you dont mind:

1)does the A3 3.2 sound same as TT3.2

2) how does the 2.0tfsi sound

3)is there realy nothing in stock performace between the wo i want niss the extra 50BHP or .5 sec 0--60 time.

4)how easy is it to get a3 chiped and should i tell audi and what does this do to my insurance as i wouldnt take the change of not beening covered

cost a side which you you go for.though due to the cost difference i am leaning in the 2.0TFSI direction just scare of missing the V6 grawland extra speed.

thanks inadvance

Skooby

Hi Skooby,

I'm looking to buy an A3 s-line 2.0 TFSI and took one out for a test drive on saturday. I've got an S3 now, so I was a little worried about the (slight!) step down in performance, but I was actually really surprised with how it went. It has early boost and a wide torque band, so suffers little turbo loag and pulls from below 2000rpm through to the redline. It feels a lot more driveable than my S3 which doesn't reallly start coming on boost till 2500 rpm.
In terms of noise, well it's never going to be a V6, however it sounded sportier than my S3!

Hope that helps!

rep that help

more peoples options would be even better.

so ir sound better than ur S3 intresting,i am a ibt worried about missing the V6 sound track as i realy do love it, thas wny im considering the 3.2 A3 but the price hike is quite alot and performance is not that different i am lead to belive from the 2.0TFSI.

skooby

Had my own 2.0tfsi q remapped through an Audi dealer for £500 and the warranty has remained intact.

In remapped form it is quicker than a 3.2 Audi TT or any other VAG 3.2 powered car and it hasnt got a great heavy engine in its nose that harms the handling.

Am getting 32mpg and giving the car a good booting regularly.

could you plese tell me which audi dealer did this for you as i would be very intrested in getting a remap done if i go for the 2.0TFSI

BTW how does your car sound?

skooby

Wayside did the remap they actually have a demostrator car I believe.
They offer coversions upto the 270bhp and 300lb/ft mark. I just went for the remap which gives 250bhp and cost £500.

The 2.0tfsi is very keen to rev and not laggy at all. It really is quite a good engine but sounds a bit like a diesel when you first start it up though :mad:

Some people love N/A aspirated engines I love turbo charged so its a totally subjective issue.

if I'm honest the best place to hear the 3.2 is from the side of the road or from another car, its just too quiet when you're in it. You don't get to hear it the same as in the TT or even the R32.

as you know the 6 is super smooth, and the power delivery is the same as in TT, R32, but you do still need to keep it wound up to make use of the power/torque

totally agree with Cossie, the 4pot does love to rev, the start-up diesel like quality is like many new cars, new M5 for example only sounds good when revved hard,

in my opinion I'd go as far as to say the 3.2 does not handle properly and don't even start me on brake fade/overheating which is so bad now I'm thinking of changing the car.

best advice I'm sure many will give is try to drive both, there's little performance between them in quattro form, they just suit different styles and people.

might shock a few other 3.2 owners :slapped: but I'd suggest the 2.0T and all the toys!

well that intresting hearing that the V6 in the A3 is too quiet.
i think im off to testa 2.0TFSI my just have a quick listen to the 3.2 whle im there.

realys does seem that performance is almost the same so im not rrealy seeing the need to spend extra. which is always good.

thanks for the help

skooby

i've test driven a 2.0 TFSI abd they sound quite nice - quite throaty and i would assume quite addictable to boot iit on a regular basis - however it didn't have anywhere near the low down urgency as my TDI.

steve184 said:
i've test driven a 2.0 TFSI abd they sound quite nice - quite throaty and i would assume quite addictable to boot iit on a regular basis - however it didn't have anywhere near the low down urgency as my TDI.
I have found the opposite !

My previous 2.0TDI was completely dead below 2000rpm, whereas my 2.0T pulls cleanly and strongly from 1000rpm.

The diesel has an all or nothing delivery the 2.0tfsi is very smooth and pulls right the way round the rev range.

The all orn othing delivery is deceptive in making think your car is much faster than it is .

wel i think ill stick to the petrol version

all ive got to do now is find a dealer that can get me one in a reasonable colour and spec otherwise its a factory order and upto a 3 month wait.

skooby

wow you are giving up the v6 growl for clatter fsi. well atleast there is potential for a big turbo in the future

thaks for all your in put

still not quite sure which to go for i realy do like the V6 sound but a rechip of the 2.0 TFSI gives me more power for less money.

the question is will i actuall chip the car??

how much of hassel is it to insure and what do the dealer think or is adont tell thing??

poeples experiance of insurance and dealers as reagrds to a chip car would be great

thanks Skooby