Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

3.2 S-Line Has Arrived!

Picked up my Misano Red A3 3.2 S-Line yesterday as a replacement for my beloved 6 year old S3.

One thing I have noticed is the lack of a boot spoiler. I thought this was a standard item on the S-Line in October 2005, when my car was built. Can anyone confirm this?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I think the roof spoiler was part of the S-line exterior package in 2005. At least thats the way it looks in my old brochure.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah I think it's only this year that the styling pack was integrated with the s-line kit to form a single option.

One thing is confusing me however. This car is obviously used rather than new, in which case did you not actually look at the thing before buying it?

Grrrr

Status
    Mine was an October 05 delivery, I had to spec both S-line pack and S-line exterior pack. Its just one of their ways of getting you to pay for something twice.
    Audi TT RS

Status
    Pics pics pics pics pics!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

2nd Gear

Status
    Exterior pack was originally a £950 option above the usual Sline model (I ordered one as a 2006 model year car in June 2005, delivery start of Setpember 2005 and had the option then to pay or not pay for the exterior pack). Shortly afterwards, the option was amended so the that Sline price went up by about 600-700 or so but included as standard the exterior pack.

If your has the Sline bumpers front and rear (grey diffuser looking plastic at the bottom or the rear one), a slightly different grille (vertical slats look more obvious than normal A3s) then you have the exterior pack on your car. It should also have the boot spoiler.
    2006MY A3 Sportback, 3.2 SLine, Manual, Brilliant Red

Neutral

Status
    welcome to the 3.2 owners club
    Impreza WRX, Impreza Type R, Impreza WR1.Audi 3.2 V6 DSG Quattro [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Track Days in all of the above.

4th Gear

Status
    I know in March 2005 the roof spoiler was part of the S line pack. But from what I've read on here it wouldnt be the first car that had it missing.

How do you like the 3.2 compared to the S3?
    Steeve