Chris NottEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gonad

Status
    I actually really like white. Its a shame people are not bold enough to choose it more often. The only thing I would be worried about is the time of year to get it. Winter is not kind to any colour car especially not white! But if you are a proud owner like everybody else on this forum you will undoubtedly keep it looking clean and tidy.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reassurance but I'll be that white is actually easier to keep clean than black. That sounds stupid but on a white car you don't see water spots and minor blemishes whereas a black car shows absolutely everything. Tar spots may be a problem though.

6th Gear

Status
    I think white is very brave but I commend you for it as I think it will look good and white A3s are so rare.

I think you've made a good choice model-wise. You've got the best diesel engine and although it may not be an S-line it's still a Sport. Could have been worse, see a fair few people in "poverty spec" base trim 1.6s.

1st Gear

Status
    I've seen a white one around where I live several times now and it's really grown on me. Not brave enough to buy one though as mine is not a company car and I'm not sure how popular it will be in a few years. Having said that who knows if silver and black will be a No No by then.

Status
    Ok a bit late as you have already made up your mind but...

Quote Originally Posted by A3_3.2_S-Line
    Black all the way.

The comments about loads of Black A3s on the road are so last year. All I see is shed loads of gray or dark gray A3's because everyone has had the same idea to be different.

I have only seen two black 2007 S-line A3 since ownership and they where both 170 TDI's with the 5 spoke wheels!
    Whilst I agree with the first part about black all the way! You must be joking regarding the amount of black A3's? Black has got to be one of the most popular colour choices for the A3, I seen loads of them on my daily commute.

Within a few minutes of my home I see 3 other black 3 door s-lines.

Quote Originally Posted by A3_3.2_S-Line
    Also lose these options:

Xenons - Waste of money! Get a BMW if you want these (They look really cool if you turn them on during the day, why do people do that!?)
    I'm assuming you haven't actuallly driven an A3 with the xenons then? The standard lights wouldn't be described as brilliant. The Xenons, while not perfect, are a hell of a lot better than the standard ones.

When I was given a loaner I thought only the side lights where switch on...

Quote Originally Posted by jamiekip
    Question to A3 3.2 sline - I'm guessing with your comment on brilliant black that your car is brilliant black?
    If so, how on earth did you get it to shine so well???? It looks great!
    Black cars always look good in photo's after being washed, it's when you actualy own them and see them up close that you realise how bad the paint work actually is. The amount of swirls and light scratches that seem to appear even by looking at them. Still love it though.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner
    I've seen a white one around where I live several times now and it's really grown on me. Not brave enough to buy one though as mine is not a company car and I'm not sure how popular it will be in a few years. Having said that who knows if silver and black will be a No No by then.
    I've seen a couple of white SB's and I think they look brilliant.

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.

Neutral

Status
    Whites look awesome, S3 press pics prove that

I'd do it

Neutral

Status
    Yep.... white for me.... saw one in thelocal Peterborough dealership (alebit a 3 door) and that was it. I really like the contrast from the front/rear lights and b-pillars. I also think the red s-line badges really show up nicely without being chavish.

In fact, just ordered an IBIS White Sportback 170 S-Line with the 2 piece 20 spokes, Xenons, BOSE, Symphony III, parking sensors, interior light pack and side blinds for the back seat windows.

Rock on!!!!

Neutral

Status
    If you're getting a new s-line sportback you've gotta get the alu roof rails, they add great shape to the car... even made me tempted to go down the 'old man' 5 door route myself!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny
    If you're getting a new s-line sportback you've gotta get the alu roof rails, they add great shape to the car... even made me tempted to go down the 'old man' 5 door route myself!!!
    Unless you specifically need them,I think those roof rails are awful.
    I seem to be part of the majority,as SB's without roofrails must outnumber those with roofrails by 30:1 up here,easy.
    Loads of SB's going around Aberdeen,but only ever seen a couple with rails.

I don't agree with the 'old man' comment either.
    I'd venture more old people go for the 3 door,because they have no need for the back doors anymore.
    If most SB's are owned by family men,it stands to reason they're not old !

;-)
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Status
    I bought the 3 door due to there only being me in the car - I need a car with 4 seats as I have opted out of the company car scheme and still have to abide by the company's guidelines Claire had a 2 seater at the time before anyone suggests I should get a 2 seater!

If I was to re-order my car today I would go for the sportback now the little fella has arrived as thee seats in the back would make life a lot easier. Saying that we don't use my car when it is the 3 three of us going out. Although I wont be buying another a3, ones been enough for the time being...

I do like the roof rails on them but I think it has a lot to do with the colour. Dark car with ally rails looks lovely lighter shades they seem to be awash. But we are all different.

At 34 I don't think I am that old...

J.
    Last edited by marriedblonde; 26th October 2006 at 10:53.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde

At 34 I don't think I am that old...
    Not old at all! However, once you're over 60 you may have to change you're username to MarriedGrey!

(am i digging a hole for myself here with the age thing?!!!)

Status
    LOL...no go ahead, I'm more of a bottle blond anyway

6th Gear

Status
    The little fella's here is he MB ?
    Congrats !

You now have the right to park in child spaces !
    ;-)
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Neutral

Status
    I was thinking of adopting, purely for the sake of a Tesco child car parking space...

Neutral

Status
    I was thinking of adopting, purely for the sake of a Tesco child car parking space...
    Save yourself the hassle of the sprog - just buy yourself a child seat and leave it in the car. Parent and child spaces are yours for the taking then
    '07 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI in Audi Exclusive Lava Grey
    '07 Daihatsu Copen 1.3

Top Gear

Status
    You could always take your Mum or Dad shopping with you. It works both ways and there's no age limit!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    The little fella's here is he MB ?
    Congrats !

You now have the right to park in child spaces !
    ;-)
    Thank you. He arrived just over three weeks ago.

It's not so much fun parking in those spaces now though

Third Gear

Status
    Hi
    Red is the colour, I have a brilliant red one and it looks stunning. Misano red is even better but was not available when i got mine.
    Symphony and Bose are excellent together, the sound is superb

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by galewis
    Yep.... white for me.... saw one in thelocal Peterborough dealership (alebit a 3 door) and that was it. I really like the contrast from the front/rear lights and b-pillars. I also think the red s-line badges really show up nicely without being chavish.

In fact, just ordered an IBIS White Sportback 170 S-Line with the 2 piece 20 spokes, Xenons, BOSE, Symphony III, parking sensors, interior light pack and side blinds for the back seat windows.

Rock on!!!!
    I saw that yesterday, its been there a good few weeks, if not 2 months so it looks like someone isn't brave enough to go for it. It does look nice though.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi
    I saw that yesterday, its been there a good few weeks, if not 2 months so it looks like someone isn't brave enough to go for it. It does look nice though.
    God, where's people's originality these days???

If I was in the market for a 3 door, I would have given them a derisory offer to help them shift it....

Gotta admit though, SteveTDCi, it looks damn cool in white. Really shows off the redline badges and looks good against the b-pillars and light clusters, especially the rear. Red rear lights against red paintwork all get a bit lost imho.

Got a confirmed build week from Vidis Audi in Huntingdon (better price than Peterborough, and, arguably, a better reputation), of week 47 (20th November). Anyone care to comment as to when I might expect to get my hands on it then? This is the spec I ordered:-

TDI 170 Sportback S-Line (Ibis White)
    20 Spoke 2 Piece Alloys
    Xenons
    Rear Parking Sensors
    BOSE
    Symphony III
    Front Centre Armrest
    Interior Light Pack
    Light & Rain Sensor Pack
    Rear Side Window Blinds (for the forthcomming nipper - Due March 13th!!)
    Can't wait!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by galewis
    This is the spec I ordered:-

TDI 170 Sportback S-Line (Ibis White)
    20 Spoke 2 Piece Alloys
    Xenons
    Rear Parking Sensors
    BOSE
    Symphony III
    Front Centre Armrest
    Interior Light Pack
    Light & Rain Sensor Pack
    Rear Side Window Blinds (for the forthcomming nipper - Due March 13th!!)
    Can't wait!!!
    Can't wait for the car, or the nipper?
    Black 2.0TDi 140 Sportback S-Line

Neutral

Status
    the nipper..... obviously...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12