Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    Grrrr

Status

Advice on 3.2 remap

Have decided after a year I'd like to have a tinker and see what can be done to release a bit more from the ol' thing.

doesn't seem to be that much on the forums about the 3.2 so I'm hoping for some reccommendations?

Have looked at AmD and MRC tuning, both seem to offer similar gains, but AmD seem somewhat pricey, anyone any experience of both, or comment on Superchip etc?

Cheers
    Audi TT RS

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    The Revo remap for the V6 is £339 + vat and releases another 15bhp, 15lb ft and a more responsive throttle pedal.
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

2nd Gear

Status
    Very few of the remaps actually give a power gain but they do improve drivability.

Ignore the figures branded about for the 3.2 conversions your only likey to see 20 - 25bhp with schrick cams a full exhaust and a remap.

Grrrr

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by co55ie
    Very few of the remaps actually give a power gain but they do improve drivability.
    Aw, that sounds a bit disappointing!!

I admit to not knowing a great deal about modern engines, but was under the impression as "standard" an engine will not be optimally tuned but would be a best compromise to cater for the majority of conditions and grade of fuel with at least some room for improvement, or is that not the case?
    Audi TT RS

2nd Gear

Status
    Its still worth remapping as the driveabilty will be improved you wont really get a very noticeable (if any) improvement in an outright power / BHP

I remember attending a rolling road day and several claimed 300 bhp R32's failed to achieve more than 270bhp way short of the claims . The cars all had cams exhaust and a remap.

Out of interest when Evo rolling roaded a MkV R32 it only made just over 200bhp it was a new engine though but some way off the manufacturers claims.

Neutral

Status
    of course if you had the funds you could always get this http://www.vagtech.co.uk/products/turbos/ft400turbo.htm
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro Sport

Grrrr

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-L
    of course if you had the funds you could always get this http://www.vagtech.co.uk/products/turbos/ft400turbo.htm
    Wow yeah, that looks sweeet. Remember reading about the R32 with the kit fitted thats also featured on the site. Now if Audi had put something like that in the S3...

I wonder what that would do for the insurance...!
    Audi TT RS

3rd Gear

Status
    Have you looked into www.aps.co.uk ? Ed Jackson seems like a good tuner, and will gladly do cams / Milltek / remap. His remap will be done on a Maha load dyno, specifically for your A3. 290 hp is definitely feasible with that configuration.

Here's AmD's printout of my remap on an otherwise stock 3.2:

Hp:

Tq:

Which was confirmed on another independant inertia dyno:

Ben.
    '05 A3 3.2 MT6 /// KW Variant III - GenII Haldex Performance Part - H&R sways - TST Stressbrace - VF-Engineering full mounts - 17lb 8x18 Neuspeed forged wheels - CG Lock - Ross Tech

HPA FT450 turbo installed, with world's best Torsen front diff: www.peloquins.com

Every day's a track day ;-)

Status
    Hello Ben hows things, whaere have you been hiding?

Is Ed the Ed thats used to work for Amd? I was reading about thier R32 demonstrator, seems to be kicking out some very good power.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    I was reading about thier R32 demonstrator, seems to be kicking out some very good power.

J.

Most of it a figment of a heavily massaged dyno in other words imaginary .

nb
    Very poorly A3 at the moment..........

Status
    try ads mate who use revo technology. give em a call for a chat at least and i reckon if anything can be squeezed out of your 3.2 they are the guys to do it!!

http://www.ads-global.co.uk/revo/html/home.htm

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi MB !

I've been on the www.vortex.com forums. And busy with the Haldex upgrade, a Stasis/Alcon bbk, and VF-Engineering motor and tranny mounts.

Yeah, I think Ed used to work over at AmD. Seems like a good person, and when discussing camshafts/milltek cats and headers, whether to go with 264 or 268 cams, he really took the time to discuss each option.Looks like he knows his stuff.

If I don't go turbo, I'll go to him for cams & a remap.

Any trip to France or Nordschleife soon? We're having a trackday at Spa saturday 28th. Still room if anyone's interested...
    Ben.
    '05 A3 3.2 MT6 /// KW Variant III - GenII Haldex Performance Part - H&R sways - TST Stressbrace - VF-Engineering full mounts - 17lb 8x18 Neuspeed forged wheels - CG Lock - Ross Tech

HPA FT450 turbo installed, with world's best Torsen front diff: www.peloquins.com

Every day's a track day ;-)