caliper paint colour

khalil

Reaction score
hi all got a metalic dark grey a3, any views on which caliper paint colour would look good on my car

Yellow, for sure. Porsche ceramic calipers are yellow. They look great on dark colored cars.

Do them a dark colour unles they are a big brake kit otherwise they just look silly in bright colours.

I would go with Silver on yours as it is not a Porsche :)
Painted mine black, might change to silver next year when the sun shines again

I did mine black and used the caliper decals from the TTshop, looks really smart without being boy racer.

i did mine silver,it looks ok,and its the original colour.

I did mine in Black. Was thinking Red tho... just buy some hamerite works really well.

thanks for the respone guys was thinking of black too , with some sline decals,where can you buy the paint in gloss black, or are they all gloss

wilko said:
I did mine in Black. Was thinking Red tho... just buy some hamerite works really well.
i was thinking red, but my mate slapped me and said that they'll look too chavvy/boy racer like and no brembo, no red!

:)

good thing actually, saw a typically chavved up corsa, lexarse lights, tin can exhaust, some crap halfords alloys and finished off with red calipers sitting on teeny tiny brake discs and thought it looked quite naff.

black wouldnt be too bad, but i couldnt be ***** to do the rear ones so i gave up on the idea painting the front when i fitted my 312mm front brakes.

Have to agree with going for black, seems to be the new red for Audi's.

E38-259.JPG

what the best way to paint them i know for the best results you need to take them off compltly but how have you guys done yours

I did mine on the car, takes a while but it looks fine.

Did mine with a small brush and with them on the car. I didn't think it took too long to be honest.

when you say you painted them on the car, does that not get messy,does it not get on the brake pads etc.. does that job look perfect ,

I put tape and newspaper around the disks on pads to ensure I didn't get paint on anything but the calipers. Looks good to me but anything is better than the standard calipers.