Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Awaiting new Sportback

About 4 weeks to go, A3 Sportback 170tdi DSG Sport on order,

We chose Dakar Biege , I know it sounds bad but wanted a change from silver , has anyone seen one in this colour because I am starting to worry as have not seen one anywhere.
    Ordered silver roof rails and alcantara interior aswell as spoiler and lots of other goodies can't wait,

Hopefully will be posting all good findings when car arrives

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Welcome to the forum Touring,

Not sure what the colour looks like but roof bars are a must if you ask me for the sport back.

Look forward to seeing the pics and the reviews of the 170 engine.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    I haven't seen the colour in the flesh, but I know which one Dakar Beige is from the brochures. Nice choice actually! You have a nice spec too so I doubt you'll come across a similar car at all.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Neutral

Status
    I've seen Dakar in the flesh and it is fantastic! Sounds like a very nice car.

6th Gear

Status
    The words "Dakar" and "beige" are conjuring up a sandy type of colour, is this right?

Reverse Gear

Status
    In the brochure it seemed to be a cross between silver and gold ,one of those colours thats difficult to describe. Hopefully will be nice, as to late now to change our mind. Looking forward to driving the new 170 though.

Business partner just had a volvo S60 D5 183 BHP and had it chipped to 225BHP . Have to say fantastically quick but not really my cup of tea

Neutral

Status
    In the same situation myself,ordered mine 30th August but can't get a deffinate date from the dealer.Is this the norm-they tell me it should be here 2nd or 3rd week in october.Just the waiting is a killer.

1st Gear

Status
    I see a Dakar Beige A3 Sportback regularly on my way to work, looks fantastic in my opinion.
    Ex 225bhp S3, ex Golf 150 PD TDI, ex A3 2.0 TDI Sportback, now Passat 2.0 TDi Estate Sport.

Status
    I now know what colour you mean.. A mates got an A6 avant in that colour and although it sounds horrible it looks lovely.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the input on colour , feeling a bit happier now a few of you have seen cars in this colour. They tried to sell me a yellow one , which I'm sure is right for some , but not really brave enough.
    Anyway dealer rang today to confirm last week in October which would be when we are on holiday, but nice to come back home to a new toy

Neutral

Status

Red face

My wife likes the Dakar beige colour and thinks we should get it. I like Lava so not considering beige but like most have never seen one in the flesh. Pics when you get it would be great.

1st Gear

Status
    Am I being thick... just tried the configurator and there's no mention of that colour in the A3 list??

Reverse Gear

Status
    For some reason only available on the Sportback not the 3 door ????

1st Gear

Status
    Found it

Wonder why it's only on Sportback - I didn't know there were different colours for each!

Anyway, after all that I don't think I can offer a sensible opinion from a picture that size... think I'd need to see it in the flesh, sorry

Neutral

Status
    I've seen it on a TT looks very nice to be fair