S3 review in Top Gear Magazine

JohnS3

Reaction score
Hi all,

There's another review of the S3 in The November issue of Top Gear magazine. Once again it's the white press car with the bucket seats. Gets a favourable write up apart from the cost......

Regards, John.

yeah, it is tempting, just wish they could've eeked more power from it :)

should it not be on their website ?

Had a quick look but couldn't see it. Don't have a scanner either, maybe someone else??

Eeef said:
It's gotta be >300bhp just chipped. If you then start playing around with the turbos....

This is true I guess !

Well with comments like

Close cousin to the VW Golf GTI, Audi's S3 is all it promised to be...and more. Yes, siree.

and

"Takes up where the RS4 left off: another agile, ballistic Audi"

I'd say that was a pretty good review. The only thing they can really criticise is the price. Good. That keeps the pikies out of the market and the resell values up.

Interestingly, I showed the mag to a colleague and his response was "looks chunkier than yours"

I think I will definitely get a test drive and reserve judgement until then. The S3 always was a wolf in sheeps clothing and this may just continue the trend. Who wants scooby-sized spoilers with people saying look at that w*nker anyway?

It looks chunkier because it's white. No other reason.

If you're happy driving round in one of the ugliest cars on the road, then go for it :)

I dont think I would even if it had 600bhp

hmmm 6 cyl 3.0l turbo against a 4 cyl 2.0 turbo with only 40 bhp difference.... i think they'll be pretty close, what with the extra weight up front the beemer will be pushing, no doubt the new S3 will handle better with less weight on the nose.

OK you may have a point there, but the looks have grown on me since one turned up in our carpark.

Perhaps the upcoming VW Scirocco or even Bimmer M2 if they appear soon then?

mark88 said:
It looks chunkier because it's white. No other reason.

agree, I saw a white votex kitted S-line last week, WOW, that looked so good I turned round and chased after it as I thought it might be an S3, a little dissaponted but white did make it look very chunky