Remap Queries

roadrunner

Reaction score
Anyone any idea what sort of increase in power I could expect if I chip my 2.0 TDI 170 when it’s delivered.

Is there any difference between using RSD or AMD for the remapping.

Thanks

I would say about 20bhp and lots more torque, never heard of rsd but AmD will give you a nice custom map suited to your car :)

RSD - Road and sport developments UK Oettinger agent etc

RSD offer the Oettinger rempaps which carry a real warrenty. They normally brag a smaller power increase but the remaps are TUV approced.

On the downside they are quite pricey...

It's all down to personal choice. Also look at the superchips bluefun and Revo offerings.

J.

Thanks for info. I’ll probably go for RSD or AMD so I can keep my warranty.

Yes RSD do generally seem to boast a lower increase in output although neither are offering figures just yet. What exactly is the difference between one route and another. Is it just a different software solution for engine management of power with pretty much the same results, except one may give a little more power increase than another because they see the strength of the parts differently. Or, for a technical dimwit like myself, is there more to it than that which I need to consider that makes one option more right for me than another.

Thanks.