Picking up new A3 tomorrow

JeffY

Reaction score
I'm picking up my brand new A3 tomorrow, it's an S-line special edition 2.0T quattro sportback in phantom black. Apart from a general check over and making sure all the extra options are fitted is there any thing else I should pay attention to?

Thanks.

Jeff

As you said, just check other bodywork from all angles for scratches, just all options are fitted, check delivery mileage, check tyres and alloys and excellent. Check leather has no scuffs on drivers seat.

Good luck.

Be VERY fussy on the paintwork/alloys/interior. Remember it's this is a new car costing £20k+ and whether you ordered the spec or bought it off the shelf, nothing less than perfection is acceptable.

Enjoy, both the experience and your new car. To me there is always something a little special about collecting a brand new car from the dealers.

Good luck with the car. I've had my 2.0T S-Line for a week now, and I am enjoying it immensely !

One thing to check when you get it home is the tyre pressures. Mine was set to the default 38/35psi for a fully loaded car. But in my case, there are only ever 1 or 2 of us in it, so you are better off at 35/32psi.

True mfspen, mines set to 34 all round.

Enjoy the car JeffY post us some pics!!

Thanks everyone, not long now, I'm picking it up at 4pm. :yahoo:

mfspen said:
Good luck with the car. I've had my 2.0T S-Line for a week now, and I am enjoying it immensely !

One thing to check when you get it home is the tyre pressures. Mine was set to the default 38/35psi for a fully loaded car. But in my case, there are only ever 1 or 2 of us in it, so you are better off at 35/32psi.

My pressure sticker says 38/35 for a light or full load,doesn't matter.
I find it handles best on these pressures too.
Any less and it becomes a bit vague feeling.

bowfer said:
My pressure sticker says 38/35 for a light or full load,doesn't matter.
I find it handles best on these pressures too.
Any less and it becomes a bit vague feeling.
Maybe it's higher on the SB (I have the 3-door), or maybe higher if you have the tractor engine (?)

Mine has 3 sets of figures, where the lightest load figures for the 18s are 35f/32r. No problem with vague steering, feels sharp.

It went well, the worst thing I could find is a slighty wonky ash tray. The inspection was done inside which was very nice and when everything was signed and delivered they simply opened the doors and I drove out. I was there with my 9 year old son and they gave him an Audi bear wich was a very nice touch. I've done a few miles in it now and it drives great, a few people seem to be looking for a race at lights, which doesn't normally happen to me. I guess I'll have to get used to it. I'll take some photos over the W/E.

defo agree should be perfect with no exception, i found a mark on my door with mine when i picked it up (which just needed a quick polish) and i made them change the number plate surrounds because they had weird milky staining on them didnt look good - apart form that my car was perfect every way