NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mark88

Reaction score
Nearly one whole year without single mark then:

wheel.jpg

I was distracted by a big wide *** tractor comming in the opposite direction and the queue that followed it. I must have drifted and whacked the kerb...

:-(

Who do I call?

ah man, harsh, you were doing so well too !
i usually last about a week !

same happen to mine, then i paint them :D

TDI-line said:
OMG! Is that it.

I thought you'd had a smack.

Are you accusing me of using an over dramatic title?

how dare you.

Seriously though, I'm gonna try and give chips-away a call. Anyone any experience of the franchise in Leeds?

I tried to get a wheel refurbed earlier in the year and it came back slightly the wrong colour(my audi dealer took the car for me). Turns out after e-mailing both Audi Uk and Ronal.de that the colour code for the S-line RS6 style wheels is a secret and Audi won't release the colour code. Every other company I spoke to said they would try and match it but may not be able to. In the end I paid £280 for a new wheel from Audi and that was with 20% off as they took the car to get the wheel done.

Doh!
Could of been worse though...

I had a similar experience, but my scrape was smaller, so I bought a new wheel ........ over 300 quid though!

dandle said:
I tried to get a wheel refurbed earlier in the year and it came back slightly the wrong colour(my audi dealer took the car for me). Turns out after e-mailing both Audi Uk and Ronal.de that the colour code for the S-line RS6 style wheels is a secret and Audi won't release the colour code. Every other company I spoke to said they would try and match it but may not be able to. In the end I paid £280 for a new wheel from Audi and that was with 20% off as they took the car to get the wheel done.

Edinburgh Audi took mine to a coachworks to be repaired and I honestly cannot tell the difference.

I would have insisted they try harder to match the colour if I were you.

My alloys are in a bit of a mess too - need to have all 4 done before I sell.

Thinking of getting these guys to do the work but not going to be cheap.

http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/

Honest John lists quite a few here

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=23

Any one have recommendations then please let me know as so far looking at £300 for the set. I'm in central London where unfortunately kerbing is a fact of life in order to get into a parking space these days!

dandle said:

How sad is that? maybe they do not want people to paint badly damaged wheels? I suppose some people might even use body filler on wheels to enable them to sell the car?
I had the same problem recently with my motorcycle (MV Agusta) they gave the paint code, but no one had heard of the paint company! Iebded up at a Bodyshop and he used Lechler Sparkling glass 66009, The paint was probably closer to my orig A3 with the Parabolic wheels. There is also an Audi aerosol you could try called "Chrome Laquer".
The problem trying to match the colour on these wheels is they use chrome or Titanium particles in the paint instead of the usual Aluminium found in normal mettalics

I had Chipsaway do mine and honestly it's a good job you can hardly tell. It's just a little ruffer on the inside of the wheel then it used to be. I'd use um again.

Never get the whole rim re-furbed as the colour never matches. If its not to deep a scrape your much better off getting chips away and similar to do a local repair and they then blend it into the rest of the rim - once done its v.difficult to tell.

For £30 -£50 its not worth getting upset about or blacking her eye for!

Covenant said:
Edinburgh Audi took mine to a coachworks to be repaired and I honestly cannot tell the difference.

I would have insisted they try harder to match the colour if I were you.

I've never kerbed an alloy myself,but National tyres did gouge the hell out of one of my A4's alloys.
I took it to a local (Aberdeen) company called 'Finesse coatings' who did a superb job.
I couldn't tell the difference between the silver they used and Audi's own either.
The charged me £40.

Bad luck mate! My missus kerbed one of my old 16" rims and I got these guys to refurb them (not much use to you as you're in Leeds, but anyone who can get to Hemel Hempstead in Herts might like to try them):

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk

They refurbed the whole wheel for £34 cash, and that included removal of the tyre, refitting and balancing which I thought was very reasonable. Colour match was almost perfect - the only thing I wasn't totally happy about was a couple of flecks in the paint where some dust had got in.

I got the wheel refurbed to sell the 16s as a set, and now I have 17" Star wheels, the fear of kerbing is all I think about :(

bowfer said:
I couldn't tell the difference between the silver they used and Audi's own either.
The charged me £40.

The problem with the RS6 style wheels is that they arent a standard silver. I believe there are five or six different silvers and grays for alloys generally(and most car wheels will match one of these) but none are the same as the Ronal RS6 colour.

dandle said:
The problem with the RS6 style wheels is that they arent a standard silver. I believe there are five or six different silvers and grays for alloys generally(and most car wheels will match one of these) but none are the same as the Ronal RS6 colour.

Spot the difference:

side.jpg

The bodyshop matched mine perfectly.

I believe the audi paint code for those alloys is 217

dandle said:

I couldn't tell the difference,and surely that's the point.
Easy to get a bit too 'anal' about things like this,IMO.
If it looks fine,who gives a fig that it's not the official colour ???

jasonmymail said:
My alloys are in a bit of a mess too - need to have all 4 done before I sell.

Thinking of getting these guys to do the work but not going to be cheap.

http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/

Honest John lists quite a few here

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=23

Any one have recommendations then please let me know as so far looking at £300 for the set. I'm in central London where unfortunately kerbing is a fact of life in order to get into a parking space these days!

I had wickedwheels do two of mine for a £100 and they did a crap job, pitted and covered in bits of dust under the laquer. Would not use them again