Furious with Dealer

co55ie

Reaction score
Further to my post with regard to my misaligned bonnet on the brand new car I bought. The car has finally after 2 and a half months of waiting had the bonnet relaligned and it looks much better.

On inspection and after lifting the bonnet where the bonnet has been adjusted there are now areas of bare metal :wtf: I was given some waffle by the bodyshop master tech he stated they where going to repaint the area but thought I should approve the adjustment first :laugh: Yer right so I told him to stop waffling rubbish and get a manager. Out comes a manager who starts spouting rubbish about Audi Uk not being willing to pay for the paintwork. I told him I didnt care and that I wanted my car back in the same condition I gave it to them and I wasnt interested in listening to his stupid excuses or point of view as he didnt have one that was worth wasting my time withand that what he had just claimed was totally different to what the technician had claimed. So out comes a the brand manager who claimed it had been done to Audi brand standards. I couldnt help but agree with him on this . Audi seems to be closely linked with shoddy service.

Anyway they took some photos and are going to contact Audi about getting it done, Wrong they are going to do it like it or not and also compensate for my repeated wasted time or will be straight into the local county court :

So far the vehicle was originally inspected by one dealer who said it needed adjusting and booked the car in for it to be adjusted. I delivered the car and they then decided it was normal . Yer right. 2 trips wasted

I then contacted Audi Uk and after repeated calls finally they decided to inspect the car. A guy contacted me from Audi Uk on a friday and said he would look at some A3's and get back to me on Monday. He left a message on monday saying he was busy and would give me a call the following Monday. He left a message the following Monday saying he was busy again and would call later in the week. He didnt call so I called him and told him what I thought of his attittude toward customer service none to politely :mad: We arranged to meet at my local dealer the following tuesday and it was agreed that the bonnet was wrong and would be put right. After waiting 3 weeks again the car was booked in the boonet adjusted but as above I am now left with bare metalwork on the hinges of my bonnet that is according to the dealer who did the work Audi standards :applaus:

So after all of this messing about the car still isnt right. Its not my fault Audis quality control is obviously not very good and I want my car back in the condition I gave it to them no bare metal work after all it is a new vehicle..

What is the matter with these people ? and why on earth do they expecy people to listen to their point of view when they dont have one other than to waffle crap at you.

I have had all brands of car and can honestly say that so far Audi is by far and away the worse for customer service in my so far limited experience . Vauxhall Ford Honda BMW Mitsubishi have all been absolutley superb in comparison.

Never never will I buy a VAG product again. The car was brand new and should have been fixed immediately and I should have also received an apology as there really is no excuse for a car to pass quality control and PDI's with misaligned panels. Just more proof of the low standard and shoddy service Audi provide.

So far I have waited two and a half months made 6 trips to and from dealers had to make numerous phone calls andstill the problem isnt fully sorted and all for a the simple job of aligning a bonnet 4 bolts and and quick blow over of the hinge area by chipsaway or similar. What a complete joke.

Sounds more like a dealer issue than an Audi issue. I've had similar garbage from Southampton Audi regarding warranty work so I just took the car to big rival Portsmouth Audi, relayed the story and they were more than happy to immediately carry out £900's worth of work on the brakes under waranty and provided a courtesy car. If I'd waited any longer for Soton Audi to do something the warranty would have actually expired.
The level of service people seem to be getting from dealers varies dramatically, and as they make all their money from servicing then a new customer is worth impressing so I'd suggest you take it to another dealership.
This will then get back to Audi UK via the dealer. They should have been falling over themselves to sort this out on the spot, not waiting for approval from Audi UK, that's not your problem. The whole point of a franchised dealership is that they buffer all the shyte on behalf of the customers, not just sit in the middle and blame the manufacturer.

I agree. My experience with the larger dealers such as Southampton Audi has been poor too.

I have found it better to go to a smaller dealer, who have a much stronger vested interest in keeping their customers happy. I can thoroughly recommend Heritage Audi in Salisbury, who have been absolutely superb with all the cars I have bought from them.

unbelievably between Audi UK and the Dealer they still seem unable to accept their responsibilty with regard to having to paint the bonnet hinges :gun2:

I think the best way forward is to write to them informing them that every opportunity has been given to them and that the car will now be put right by someone of my choosing at thier expense. ( hopefully they wont pay up and I can take them to court )

I am also going to make a claim for 7 days wasted time. Absolutley ridiculous for the simple adjustment of a bonnet and these clowns expect you to use their network .

Good luck, hope you get it sorted. I cant believe that they think bare metal is acceptable.

AndyMac said:
Sounds more like a dealer issue than an Audi issue. I've had similar garbage from Southampton Audi regarding warranty work so I just took the car to big rival Portsmouth Audi,

Don't know when this happened but both Portsmouth & Southampton Audi are owned by Harwoods, so not really rivals anymore.

steeve said:
Good luck, hope you get it sorted. I cant believe that they think bare metal is acceptable.

Audi Uk Seem to think the hinges should have been repainted as part of the job.

The idiot of a manager at the dealer tried telling me it was a huge job requiring the entire car to be masked up etc etc!!!!!!!! Knob. I asked him if he knew what an airbrush was and he didnt reply.

I am definitely going to seek some compensation as two and a half months three by the time the job is finished at least and numerous trips to various dealers and meetings with Audi Uk is absolutely ridiculous for what amounts to a minor adjustment on a new car.

How strange! They did exactly this to me too when my car was new (different audi dealer tho) mine was over my wipers hitting bonnet - they messed me about on 3 occasions then on 4th they said they moved my bonnet leaving bare metal after me telling them on now account to adjust the bonnet (it looked straight on the car after all!) anyway they did and left bare metal they ended up painting it (its only dull under the bonnet no laquer so its easy for them to do with an airbrush type setup without it really being noticeable at all but thats not the point - shouldnt come out of the factory like that. Anyway my advice to you is complain to Audi CS til ur blue in the face - i did and i got a £200 voucher.

I am glad you got your car fixed and are now happy with it.

You would honestly think after spending a large sum of money that you would get an immediate apology a gesture of goodwill and the car repaired pronto given that its a brand new vehicle.

what excuse have Audi got for the problem it should have gone through a quality check procedure at the factory and misaligned panels should have been picked up again when it was PDI'd.

steeve said:

I must confess after the Manager told me this I was sorely tempted to run over the road and buy some nice course grade sandpaper and give the RS4 in thier showroom a good rub down when asked what I was doing I would have told them not to make a fuss and just accept it as the car was still perfectly fine how its meant to be and meet all Audi standards.

I cant see the differnce myself :biggrin:

"Don't know when this happened but both Portsmouth & Southampton Audi are owned by Harwoods, so not really rivals anymore"
Yes this was 4 years ago before they merged.
Fortunately I have no recent tales of woe as I wouldn't ever go to another Audi dealer for anything other than parts I can't get anywhere else. The parts dept seems about the only area of the business that they can't find a way to **** up.

My experience of harwoods as an organisation is just as poor.