Oooh,nice

Was reading about that in Evo mag last month. Very nice and decent money as well, I think it's about the same price as BMW's 320 sport is it?

J.

£26995,which is very,very tempting.
It's only £2595 more than my A3 !
It's very,very reasonably priced IMO.

Helluva tempting,it really is.
Roll on January 2008.

Sob.....:-(

Yeah - just think of that base line spec, winding window things in the back, shity trim etc

d3fy said:
Yeah - just think of that base line spec, winding window things in the back, shity trim etc

Alpina website says electric windows front and rear.
It seems to have everything my S-line has,apart from the Bose.
List of standard equipment as follows.
(The only thing I'm a bit unsure about is the 19" wheels.I think it's 18" as standard,with 19" upgrade).

Airbag for driver and front passenger
Air conditioning, automatic
Alarm system (Thatcham 1)
ALPINA blue instrument cluster display with red needles
ALPINA door sill trim
ALPINA rear spoiler
ALPINA sport suspension
Armrest front
Automatic interior lighting
Centre armrest, rear
Diesel Particle Filter
Dynamic Stability Control
Electric window lifts, front and rear
Exterior mirrors in body colour, aspherical, electrically adjustable
Exterior parts in body colour
Flat Tyre Indicator
Front fog lights
Front spoiler with integrated ALPINA badge
Handsewn leather-rimmed steering wheel with LAVALINA leather and blue/green stitching
Head airbag for driver and front passenger
Interior trim, matt Titanium
Leather gear-lever with ALPINA emblem
Light alloy wheels ALPINA CLASSIC 19‘‘, front 8.5 x 19‘‘ with tyres 235/35 ZR19, rear 9.5 x 19‘‘ with tyres 265/30 ZR19
Manual transmission, 6-speed
Metallic paintwork
Multi-function steering wheel
On-board computer (incl. external temperature display)
PDC, rear
Radio BMW Business CD
Side airbag for driver and front passenger
Silver-plated ALPINA production plaque
Sport seats with leather/cloth combination
Stainless steel exhaust silencer with polished double tailpipe
Velour floor mats with ALPINA emblem
White direction indicator lights, side and front

CO2 rating of only 156 too,for us company car folks.
Even nicer.

Anyone know people who will steal an A3 ????

;-)

Yeah but at the end of the day its a BMW and IME they're OK if you like spending time sitting in the cab of a low-loader. In the first year I had so many different BMW loan cars on my drive one of the neighbours asked if I had become a dealer.

Ok, maybe I had a Friday car but would still rather look forward to my A3 170 TDi Quattro Sport which I plan to chip and I will still have £5k over.

roadrunner said:
Yeah but at the end of the day its a BMW and IME they're OK if you like spending time sitting in the cab of a low-loader. In the first year I had so many different BMW loan cars on my drive one of the neighbours asked if I had become a dealer.

Ok, maybe I had a Friday car but would still rather look forward to my A3 170 TDi Quattro Sport which I plan to chip and I will still have £5k over.

You're evidently unaware of the hassle I've had with my A3.
Good luck with your new one though.
I just think the BMW looks tremendous value at £26995.00
Some people spec up A3's to that money (mine was £24400,and I could easily have gone higher),and it's dead easy to spend that sort of money on a run-of-the-mill A4.
Neither the (diesel) A3 or the A4 will have 200bhp as standard though,and neither will handle as well as the BMW,which the press constantly say is the best handling middleweight saloon.

Sorry to hear you had problems. I guess we all speak as we find and after loads of hassle and poor customer service I've been put off Beamers. With Audi I've probably been lucky cos in 7/8 years I've never had one problem.

You're right £26,995 isn't bad value in the UK (no wonder the manufacturers call the UK Treasure Island) but will be interesting to see if it really is that price when it comes out because it'll put pressure on a lot of other models in their own range.

Can anyone remember the name of the lease company Eeef keeps recommending ?
See what sort of figures they're offering on a D3.

I used to own a 320i, and bought it largely on the strength of all the rave reviews. I was never very happy with it from day 1, but just assumed that I would get used to it, and all the reviewers can't be wrong.

After 9 months, I hated it with a passion, and flogged it !

Admittedly, this was a few years ago, and maybe the newer cars are better, but never believe all the hype and bulls**t. Always trust your own judgement. I am convinced there is an awful lot of 'Emperors new clothes' with BMWs, and the motoring hacks are afraid of stepping out of line.

To his credit, Clarkson is not afraid to say what he really thinks. "The 1-Series is crap" was his summary of that car, I seem to recall !

I note BMW only expect to get 100 D3's for 2006.
That'll probably be why it's price won't detract from the rest of the range.
People won't be able to get one,so will maybe go for something else from their range instead.

I'm no BMW lover,until I saw this one.

This one floats my boat,big time.

mfspen said:
I used to own a 320i, and bought it largely on the strength of all the rave reviews. I was never very happy with it from day 1, but just assumed that I would get used to it, and all the reviewers can't be wrong.

After 9 months, I hated it with a passion, and flogged it !

Admittedly, this was a few years ago, and maybe the newer cars are better, but never believe all the hype and bulls**t. Always trust your own judgement. I am convinced there is an awful lot of 'Emperors new clothes' with BMWs, and the motoring hacks are afraid of stepping out of line.

To his credit, Clarkson is not afraid to say what he really thinks. "The 1-Series is crap" was his summary of that car, I seem to recall !

I agree entirely. I've always wondered if the motoring journalists are bribed cos they are always always so pro BMW and IMO the cars just don't live up to their reviews.

I ought to declare that my wife has a BMW Z4; she wouldn't listen to sense and get a discovery eventhough she goes off road regularly (although never on purpose) and the Z4 hasn't had any problems but I wont drive it on principle! :no:

Clarkson didn't slate the whole 1 series,to be fair.
He slated the £32000 1 series sport (M1?) thing,mostly because it's price was ridiculous.
There are plenty of BMW's he likes,I'm sure.

Sorry,but I can't help laughing at those that discount the thoughts of journalists as 'bribery'.
Look on this very forum today.
A favourable report of the S3 is welcomed,but a favourable report of a BMW must be bribery ?

Come on... ;-)

Ach well,fair enough,it was the £32K one I saw him slating on the telly.
I think the 1 series is hideous.
Not a car I would consider,ever.

The D3 is a whoooooole different ballgame.

Dammit,this is one of those times when I wish I didn't have a company car and could chop and change at will. :-(

For anyone interested in the company car tax figures,the D3 would cost the following

BIK tax £ 104.00 per month
Fuel benefit £ 55.42 per month

A whopping £ 10.08 more per month than my A3....

:-/

There are also a couple for sale on Autotrader,at £26850.00 OTR.

bowfer said:
Sorry,but I can't help laughing at those that discount the thoughts of journalists as 'bribery'.
Look on this very forum today.
A favourable report of the S3 is welcomed,but a favourable report of a BMW must be bribery ?

Come on... ;-)

LOL...quality!

I also saw the Alpina write-up in EVO magazine, and they made a point about the competitive pricing attracting a new range of buyers. I'd definitely be in the hunt if I had the cash!