Thank you audi - Unbelievable!

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Car went in for it's second service this evening. Just picked it up and the tossers have managed to damage every single panel. Both doors have been opened onto something and all the paints been ripped off.

Both front wings are scracthed down to the metal, rear bumpers been scratch when they swapped over a front tyre for the spare - it was border line.

The have scratched all around the drivers side handle where the "fixed" the rattle.

Needless to say I am paying them a visit at 7.30 in the morning...

Watch this space!

oh dear

i thought i got rid of shoddy service when i sold my seat leon.

your car sounds like the state mine is in

scratched wing

dented drivers door with a small rust spot (galvanised my ****)

both rear qurters dented

nice £500 bill

This is unbelievable! Sorry to hear this James.

Keep us up to date! Good luck tomorrow!

I dear God, you have me imagining the worst now because I am picking up my A3 from its first service tomorrow.

Dropped it into MSL Audi in South Dublin. Very impressive premises. pity the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in there. Booked it in for its service over the phone and the receptionist took my details. She was booking me in for a Friday afternoon to be collected in the evening. Even though she had my details in front of her, I had to tell her it wasn't just its first avs service but it was also due the Brake fluid service (2 years). "Ah we should still be able to fit that in", "hold on, i'm not finished yet", I said, "The cars chasis number is within the range of the dual mass flywheel recall and from what I hear thats a 6 hour engine out job", "Hold the line Sir". 5 minutes later, "You are right Sir, we might not fit all that in on Friday", "Too ****** right you won't!! I'm not leaving my car in over a weekend!!"

Anyway car was booked in for first thing last Monday. MSL arranged a hire car courtesy of Audi because of the recall. Hire car guy picks me up from MSL and brings me back to the office to fill in the Hire car paper work and transfer my insurance for 'The Day'. First off I am told my assigned hire car is not available but have been upgraded to a Golf. "Great" says I. It was a 1.4l. Oh my God, I have never driven such a gutless lump of lead in my life. Must be 0-60 in about 18 seconds. TBH it was a better hire car than I was expecting so thats not really my gripe with the hire company. My gripe was that I got my insurance transfer papers from the insurance company this morning and A. the insurance was set to revert back to my car at 9am this morning so had I been collecting the car as soon as MSL opened this morning my insurance in the hired golf would be null and void for the journey to MSL. But it gets better. They transferred my insurance to the Polo I was supposed to get instead of the Golf that I actually got!!

So back to MSL. I couldn't tell the hire company how long to extend the insurance and when they would be getting their car back till I found out when my car would be ready at MSL. So I ring them at 1pm Tuesday to ask. The receptionist tells me its ready to collect now. "Are you sure" I ask. "Well the computer is telling me 'Job Completed'". I asked her was she sure that it wasn't just the regular service 'Job completed'. She said she would get the receptionist down in the service area to ring me back and let me know.

1 hour later no callback so I ring again, explain the whole situtaion about the service/recall to a different receptionist and give out about the lack of a callback. She said she would personally go down to the service area and find out and call me back.

3/4 hour later and no callback, I ring again and get another different receptionist and have to explain everything again and give out to her about the two failed callbacks. Guess what, she'll find out and call me back!!

3/4 of an hour later, the girl who was supposed to make the first callback actually callsback and tells me the car will be ready to collect in at 9am Wednseday morning (So much for it being ready NOW!!). I ask her is she sure because if I go out to collect the car and its not ready, I will go ballistic. "Hold on" she says, "I'll just check for sure with the head mechanic", I overhear the conversation over the phone, "the black A3 will probably be ready for collection at 9am tomorrow won't it?", The mechanic laughs and says 1-2pm more like"

I'll go in to pick it up at 5pm to be sure!!

And if there is so much as a hairline scratch on it never mind what happened to Married Blondes car, I will blow my top!!

The old cliche is so true. "AUDI, great cars, Crap dealers and service"

Oh I nearly forgot! When I dropped the car in I went over to their parts/accessories boutique in the corner of the building to order a few bits'n'bobs. Waited 3 minutes for some lazy fecker to get up of is **** and come out from the back office area. My throat was sore after the (someone get effing out here and serve me) coughs/throat clearances.

So he asks what he can do for me. I tell him I have a part number for one of the parts and he'll have to search the ekta for the other two. "Whats the part number one" he asks. I start to tell him its for an ambient light LED retrofit. "Ah whaa??" I explain again and in mid sentence he turns his back to me and starts filling his till with his float. I stop mid sentance and he turns back around and says, "yeah, go on". I said in a narkey voice, "Forget about what its for, heres the part number". He goes over to the computer and keys it in. Not in stock and its €25 and will have to be ordered. He then searches for the next part in the ekta which is the string with rubber ball that lifts the parcel shelf. He has them in stock. €20.....each!!!!! I was going to replace the one my dog ate but the ****** shoelace will now become a permanent replacement. €20 for a rubber conker!!

He then searches the ekta for the replacement ashtray I need. Not in stock and no price listed. He'll ring me back later with the price. Guess what??

Its all pretty poor, not looking forward to when mine has to get serviced.......

Its 8.30 - my prediction is that after 1 hour MB is still at the point of trying to get them to admit liability :banghead:

Or he's just gone beserk, bodies everywhere and SOCO have just turned up...

Well I wont name and shame at the moment! I'd like to get it resolved first!

So far so good.

In the cold light of day it's not so bad as it was inspecting it last night with a torch. Had prepared for a bit of a battle.... Needless to say I had to count to ten several times on the drive over.

Watch his space.

Geez, aggro you could do without.

When I pick up from a service i normally just jump in and drive.... in future I'll inspect first.

My car gets picked up and delivered.
I never check it.
The only problem I've had is that the old blokes they use insist on adjusting everything in the car,even for a short journey.
Friends of ours did get their new Renault bashed at the dealer though.
My brother's Punto was bashed as well.
Quite a funny one that actually.
One of the mechanics was sent to get rolls,on his pushbike.
My brother's Punto was being reversed out of the workshop.
You can guess the rest...

Hope you get it sorted MB.
You certainly have plenty of photos of it in MINT nick,to help your case !

BTW MB
Post some photos of your wife's Merc ?
I like the styling of the new A class.

Can I take this opportunity to appologise to MB for posting that 5000 word essay in his thread last night. Not that it was off topic per se, ie Dodgy dealer service but....I am so sorry for anyone that actually read through that :)

Note to self. Don't post about frustrations with a dealer after you come back from the pub, cause one can go on...and on....and on :)

Quite pleased with my grammer and punctuation though considering it was a drunken post! :)

All points are valid...the aftersales care is awful!

The Aberdeen dealer manged to scrape all 4 of my custom powdercoated BBS RSIIs..attempting to do a wheel alignment check after warranty work..

Then denied it...
Then said it was the 'wrong paint' on the wheels...
Then refused to call me to discuss it.

I usually find a phonecall to Audi UK followed by a threat of seeing the dealer in court does the trick...
It did for me.

Pity it has to go that far though....

You lucky people will be pleased to know I now have an A3 back in the fold (8P)...my g/f collected her A3 on Friday...so I'll be spending more time in this forum from now on.

...and guess what?
some of the work that was promised hasn't been done, or had been bodged.
This was from yet another Audi dealership.
Fortunately, they appear to be making good the situation with minimum fuss.

once bitten twice shy

I now allways get the dealer to fill in the same form they use whenthey loan you a car noting down any scratches dents kerbed wheels etc so as to avoid any arguement of responsibilty ata latter date.

I hope you get your car sorted Marriedblonde.

After managing to keep mine ding-free for over 2.5 years I finally noticed a small one in the rear panel of my 3-door, obviously from a rear door of another car.

I've got a strong suspicion the dealer is responsible as it had been in a few times before I noticed it but I'd had it back for a couple of days before I noticed the dent so it could have happened elsewhere and I can't be sure.

What annoys me is how, when they give you a loaner, they check all round it before and after and make you sign documents to acknowledge any existing damage so they can charge you for any extra dents when it comes back. Frankly I think they should do the same in reverse when they take your car in, signing something to say the car is dent-free (or otherwise) and give it to you then you can inspect it when you pick it up and if there's any extra damage they can't claim it was there already.

Calibos said:
Can I take this opportunity to appologise to MB for posting that 5000 word essay in his thread last night. Not that it was off topic per se, ie Dodgy dealer service but....I am so sorry for anyone that actually read through that :)

Calibos, I wouldn't worry about the post. I had a 1.8TQ 8L before my current S3 and if you look back through audiworld (where i posted at the time) I had a **** load of problems with my dealer and audi trying to get them to recognise a serious problem i had with massive brakefade in the wet.

It was at the time of the original bendy RS4 wheel saga and through a few contacts and a lot of help from people on the forums I got audi to progress my issue.

It was fixed by a revied procedure for bleeding the brakes on the 1.8TQ's as the first model had no ESP and this needed a new procedure. This was written as a result of my griping, and second to a mod where the head mechanic spotted no water deflectors on the car and these were added for free. I never followed up if audi did indeed add these to all the 8L A3's bit it did the job for my problem.

The griping on the forums does work as you never know who is reading the post and what they can offer in the way of help.

Vertigo1 said:
so it could have happened elsewhere and I can't be sure.

What annoys me is how, when they give you a loaner, they check all round it before and after and make you sign documents to acknowledge any existing damage so they can charge you for any extra dents when it comes back. Frankly I think they should do the same in reverse when they take your car in, signing something to say the car is dent-free (or otherwise) and give it to you then you can inspect it when you pick it up and if there's any extra damage they can't claim it was there already.

They will do. I allways ensure that they fill out the form for my car .

As I said above once bitten twice shy.

Covenant said:
Its 8.30 - my prediction is that after 1 hour MB is still at the point of trying to get them to admit liability :banghead:

I agree with that statement ..you will struggle as you have left the Garage accepting the car then in daylight i take it?...

Good Luck hope the admit liabilty if not i would go down the same route as Ess_Three no mucking about no long winded phone calls ..straight to the top

Calibos:I know what you mean i had my A4 in getting repaired and it was a complete sham ...they first fixed it (i use these words in a very loose fashion) Fixed means Orange peel ,Head light alignment out as well as indicator hanging out and of course bumps in the panel were they must have not rubbed it down properly and sprayed the paint on as thick as possible.....of course i told them they must have been joking letting me have the car back like this ...went straight to the boss and got him out and made him feel like a right tit ..problem solved

Rev-head said:
Good Luck hope the admit liabilty if not i would go down the same route as Ess_Three no mucking about no long winded phone calls ..straight to the top

I waited 3 days for a phone call from the Aftersales Manager (joke...I doubt this fool could manage a good crap!) and the phonecall never came...

After a well worded chat to someone withing Audi UK asking why one of thier dealer's Managers couldn't be bothered to call me and explain how they had caused over £1000 damege to my car...there was a brief pause (of say 5 minutes) then the phone rang with the offending cretin on the other end...

Funny that...

Also funny that after he told me it was my fault and my closing comment was 'see you in court'...the matter got resolved rather swiftly.

Blithering idiots....such a shame that Audi can't keep a tight reign on their dealers.

Rev-head said:
I agree with that statement ..you will struggle as you have left the Garage accepting the car then in daylight i take it?...

My local dealer offers a night shift which suits me down to the ground as I can drop my car off on the way home from work and then pick it up first thing in the morning. But I collected it in the evening (9.45 - pitch dark) so it wasnt until I got it home and I happened to notice a mark on my drivers door. Which was when I got a torch and started to look over it and noticed a few more marks.

Like I said never inspect a black car at night with a torch as it makes everything look a lot worse.

I recieved a call last night from the girl who works on the night shift as there was a question regarding warrenty on my car and a new CV boot is required - it's lowered so possibley not covered.

She's said that Audi will do everything they can to make sure I am happy and to get this resolved.

J.

Night shift erh? Nice I wish my dealer did that, it would make it so much easier. Might mention it next time im in complaining about my knocking suspenssion or juddering when pulling off from the lights (still neather have been sorted).

Well my OPC is no better. I put my 9114S into dock for a replacement hard top mount as I snapped one. On collection they had given the drivers side bolster a nice deep 4 inch scrape.

They admitted responsibility as the donut who worked on the car admitted that he may have climbed in with his screwdriver still in pocket by mistake which sounded great, BUT....

My seats were special order sport seats in cherry red leather with black backs - guess what. Porsche only made v.limited seats in this colour and they are going to have to remake the bolster part when they next do a cherry red run. This happened in feburary and its still not arrived. Additionally, thay can not garantee it will be a perfect match - great!

Been down this route with my S3 too, seat heater element burned the leather so they replaced the Recaro cover. The seat ended up looking like an old lady's forehead there was so many creases and ended up in a whole new retrim from MJ.

People just have no respect!

wilko said:
Night shift erh? Nice I wish my dealer did that, it would make it so much easier. Might mention it next time im in complaining about my knocking suspenssion or juddering when pulling off from the lights (still neather have been sorted).

It is very handy. Plus you can book it in at short notice which is ideal for the likes of me who keeps forgetting to book a service in advance!

I've had terrible service from most dealers to be honest (audi being one of them) i just think in this day and age with pressure being put on new car profit margins they turn to servicing to make their money and to do this they try to squeeze far too much work into a day in order to make the most money. This results in hardly any care being taken with peoples property as there isn't the time. If i thought it would make a difference i would be more than weilling to pay an extra half hour labour on any work i have done if i am assured that that extra half hour is used to show the utmost care to my vehicle but this is doubtful i reckon! they would still rush it. I must admit i absolutely dread any time my car goes near a dealer cos i always seem to have something happen, whether it be a scuff on the door kickplate or seat edge, or fingernail scratches on doorhandles it annoys me profusely. These monkeys that work on our cars really dont give a toss - whatever happens they still get paid! they should be made to sign contracts that any damage they cause they pay for out their own pockets - we wud soon get impecable service then i tell ya! however dealers wouldnt make as much money! Paintwork is a massive bugbear of mine -they seem to have the attitude 'anything can be fixed' but this is simply not true. When you take a car in that is young and has never been repaired ever, and they damage it, you end up getting a car back which is a repaired car no fault of your own - everyone knows you can NEVER achieve factory quality, undisturbed paintwork ever again after a repair. They don't seem to understand why this is unacceptable.

I don't think it's just car dealers that offer very poor service. Almost every company or organisation that we have to deal with is the same. Good service is very rare. I must say though, that one organisation that does give me good service is my local Audi dealer. I have been using them for many years and I have nothing to complain about.