Question ? S3 silver mirror's

duncangoncalves

Reaction score
I've just ordered an 2.0Tdi 170 quattro s-line and when i asked the question of if it was possible to add the silver mirrors that are on the s3 etc. i was told no!! and that was from two different dealer's both saying that it was not possible! i find that hard to believe as i'm having to wait for a factory build and surely they can stick some on when it's being produced.
does anyone know where you can buy the mirrors and how easy/hard they are to fit ?

Ebay, lots of places sell them. I personally found them rather fiddly to fit, I fit chrome ones and took them off because I wasn't thrilled with how they looked.

I think you can understand why Audi wouldn't fit them, the same reason they wouldn't put an S4 badge an A4. I think it's a getting to stage now where the only way to tell whether a car is an S car is by looking at the mirror caps. Quite sad really.

yea i do see what you mean it is a shame, I'll have to have a look around see what i can find it's just annoying when you get told 'no can't be done'!!

Same here but like MB some days I think they look the dogs danglies and other days I'm not sure.

Re: the official ones. Fair enough them not fitting them at the factory but there's nothing stopping you ordering the parts I suppose. Don't expect much change from 300 quid though...