Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Post Question ? S3 silver mirror's

I've just ordered an 2.0Tdi 170 quattro s-line and when i asked the question of if it was possible to add the silver mirrors that are on the s3 etc. i was told no!! and that was from two different dealer's both saying that it was not possible! i find that hard to believe as i'm having to wait for a factory build and surely they can stick some on when it's being produced.
    does anyone know where you can buy the mirrors and how easy/hard they are to fit ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Ebay, lots of places sell them. I personally found them rather fiddly to fit, I fit chrome ones and took them off because I wasn't thrilled with how they looked.

I think you can understand why Audi wouldn't fit them, the same reason they wouldn't put an S4 badge an A4. I think it's a getting to stage now where the only way to tell whether a car is an S car is by looking at the mirror caps. Quite sad really.
    2005 A3 2.0TDi Quattro Sport S-line - Brilliant Black, Full Votex kit (SOLD)
    2007 RS4 V8 - Sprint Blue

Neutral

Status
    yea i do see what you mean it is a shame, I'll have to have a look around see what i can find it's just annoying when you get told 'no can't be done'!!

Status
    I have the brushed mirrors on mine, bought from Ebay.

They only take 2 minutes to fit if you know how!
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

3rd Gear

Status
    Same here but like MB some days I think they look the dogs danglies and other days I'm not sure.

Re: the official ones. Fair enough them not fitting them at the factory but there's nothing stopping you ordering the parts I suppose. Don't expect much change from 300 quid though...

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten