Rattle from drivers window...

adamhill

Reaction score
OK, I have read past posts on this topic and concluded that this appears to be a issue with quite a lot of you. However, no-one from the previous posts seemed to have a succesful conclusion to this problem...

My OSdoor window has started to rattle and it is annoying the hell out of me. as with others, if you drop the window a tad, the rattle almost stops completely - beats me.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I will take it to the dealer.... eventually -I am still recovering from the head gasket being replaced and a slight boo boo with the timing when they reassembled - idled like a dog - I was not impressed.

Anyway, is this something I will just have to learn to live with?? - warranty expires in early Feb but I know that if I take it to the dealer, I will have to take it back as they will not have a part in stock blah blah blah....

Yeah, I'm one of those with this problem. I've found that wiping the felt seals around the groove where the window closes with a damp cloth and washing up liquid fixes it for a few days - before I have to do it again! Seems to get especially worse after rain.
For the same reasons as you, I'm slow to bother bringing it to the dealer.

i had a problem like that too it drove me flipping crazy, after so so much messing around i got it to stop (touch wood) the felt around the frame when you open the door rub some dry soap on it, try the clear sort so it does show the soap colour, hope it works for you, let us know

Mine are so loud now it sounds like i'm driving over a gravel road all the time, its the no1 thing to get them to sort on the first service, I have lost faith in the local dealer and won't even bother taking it to Gilders Sheffield as they are crap

I used to have that problem on both of my doors, driving me and the wife mad.

Used Meguiars trim detailer on all of the rubbers and plastic inside and ouside, all of the way round the door. This seems to have cured it. Seems to last longer than washing up liquid :arco:

Dont!!

I tried that a few months ago and it made it worse! Vaseline works for a fortnight or so for me. Horrible smears though.

I had problems with my windows but the dealer seemed to sort it out.
Since then i have had no problems.

A word of warning with regard to using washing up liquid. It contains salt so after prolonged exposure may well end up making the rubbersgo hard and crack.

The best thing to use is some silicone spray , sprayed onto a cloth then wiped on the seal / rubbers.

I believe Audi recommend this themselves in the vehicle handbook.

Cheers for the pointers guys - I will try the silicon spray as an interim measure until I have to energy to take the thing back to the dealer... and back again, and probably again....