New S3 vs My A3 pics - side by side

mark88

Reaction score
I think I'm trying to convince myself that I shouldn't get the new S3 and save myself the money it would cost to *upgrade*.... I think these pics do a pretty good job, as does the bad press. :-/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Well, it's your money, your choice. How much is it going to cost you to change?

Gotta say that even if I had the money to spend upgrading my 2 month old 2.0T quattro I wouldn't - there's no real incentives like there was with the old S3.

Covenant said:
Well, it's your money, your choice. How much is it going to cost you to change?

If I specced it up to 32k I would imagine it would cost me 12k or thereabouts. Sounds crazy when I put it like that I guess

marriedblonde said:
Is the S3 going to come with RS6's as the standard wheel then?

J.

No, it comes with the S8 style 18". RS6 wheels are an option, I think you'd be mad to spec them though given they are now so common. I must admit I liked mine at first but now fancy something different.

WOW, I'm glad I also went for Brilliant Black. The solid black really suits the car! :respekt:

I must look into getting the side skirts fitted, may even have a look if i can get the S3 ones, i'm sure they are different!

Vertigo1 said:
Err, I prefer yours tbh. No I'm not joking.

funnily enough... me too. The only thing going for the S3 (visually) is that its different

Well I'm about to order a black 3-door S-Line myself so I may be biased :)

Seriously though, my biggest problem is the grille, I really don't like the vertical chromed bits in the top section, they make it look too fussy for me.

mark88 said:
No, it comes with the S8 style 18". RS6 wheels are an option, I think you'd be mad to spec them though given they are now so common. I must admit I liked mine at first but now fancy something different.

Holy crap!

There are only 2 things i like on the S3 better!

1. The tastly steering wheel and chrome vents!
2. The stupidly over priced buckets

Mark88
-Is that the audi exhurst trim you have fitted or is that Milltek pipes?

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
Mark88
-Is that the audi exhurst trim you have fitted or is that Milltek pipes?

No it's just some powerflow tips. The guy cut off the nasty looking stock pipes and welded these ones on. Cost £60 and took about 15 minutes, well worth doing.

They look alot better than the S3's weedy little pipes. :-/

marriedblonde said:
Holy crap - as in why would you want the S-line spec wheels on your S3.

J.

indeedy, I think it costs an extra £600 too

Keep Yours. Looks the dogs. Like the steering wheel on the S3 but apart from that I prefer the look of yours. Spend the money on something else

Externally there is not that much that is stand out about the new S3, so keep the car you already have, I don't think the S line has done the new S3 or S4 any favours either

Why did audi bother making another s3 if it wasnt going to be different to the s-line range!!

They have shot themselves in the foot i reckon!!

When you see the two cars (almost!) side by side like this there really isn't a lot in it at all.
As a current S3 owner with a new one on order, I'm also thinking very, very hard about this one. I'm tempted to test drive a 2.0T Sline, should also get a discount if I buy a new one, opposed to list price on the S3.

Confused.

wilko said:
Does look good Mark, but an S3 is still an S3.

Perhaps that goes for all the other S cars, but how many S4 owners are jealous of the sound of the A4? which is what we have here with the A3 3.2.

It's like an A3 + and they stuck an S3 badge on it. That's my opinion anyway.

JohnS3 said:
When you see the two cars (almost!) side by side like this there really isn't a lot in it at all.
As a current S3 owner with a new one on order, I'm also thinking very, very hard about this one. I'm tempted to test drive a 2.0T Sline, should also get a discount if I buy a new one, opposed to list price on the S3.

Confused.

I wonder if the 3.2 A3 will be heavily discounted now the S3 is here for not much more money?

The range is kinda weirdly balanced.