What's the main difference between s line and none s line?

I dont think there is any difference, the 3.2 gets the sports suspension as standard. I'm sure some one will correct me if I'm wrong.

S-line is a styling pack over and above the standard Sport so there'll be virtually no difference to the handling. The only thing that will make a difference is the larger wheels (18" over 17" on the Sport). The 3.2 does get sports suspension as standard by virtue of only being available in Sport or S-line trim.

S-line also gets you different front a rear bumpers, roof spoiler, half-leather seats, black headlining and s-line badges inside and out.

The S-line has different suspension over the sport (10mm lower IIRC).

dickys3 said:
The S-line has different suspension over the sport (10mm lower IIRC).
It does? I can't find any information to this effect on the Audi site. The price list PDF doesn't mention it either.

Yeah the S-line is lower then the 'Sport' if you look on the options list for wheels in the A3 spec booklet you will see that the Sport suspension isn't indicated as standard fit on the s-lines. So it must mean that they have a special suspension setup.

Plus you can just about see it when the two cars are side by side.

Vertigo1 said:
It does? I can't find any information to this effect on the Audi site. The price list PDF doesn't mention it either.
Yes.
In the A3 brochure it mentions that the S-Line is lowered a further 10mm over the Sport (which is itself 15mm lower than the SE).

I've just switched from a 2.0TDI Sport to a 2.0T S-Line. The S-Line suspension is slightly firmer, though still comfortable on most surfaces.

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
Yeah the S-line is lower then the 'Sport' if you look on the options list for wheels in the A3 spec booklet you will see that the Sport suspension isn't indicated as standard fit on the s-lines. So it must mean that they have a special suspension setup.

Plus you can just about see it when the two cars are side by side.

I'm sure that the 3.2 already has the Sport suspension, its only the cosmetic items and the 18" wheels that change. All 3.2 are classed as 'sport'. I just dug the brochure out for mine and it mentions that the suspension doesnt get altered. Thats a 2005 brochure.

All the others do get the lowered suspension but NOT the 3.2.

OK then, I'm thinking of replacing my 2000 S3 with an '05 3.2 S-Line.

Can anyone comment on how different the ride and handling of the 3.2 S-Line is, compared with the S3? Would I notice the difference and be disappointed with it after the S3?