Maybe for sale or swap?

grey99

Reaction score
I am thinking of selling my A3 2.0T SLINE SPECIAL EDITION or swaping for a diesel version.
Any one interested?

Let's have a few more details; mileage, age, condition...

Well I'm doing the opposite tomorrow ! Trading in my 2.0TDI for a 2.0T S-Line.

Apart from fuel consumption, the diesel is not in the same league, IMO.

Well its a :-
A3 2.0T SLINE SPECIAL EDITION
REG MARCH 2006
MILEAGE 7,300
AVUS SILVER
EXTRAS ARE :-
6 CD IN DASH
AUTO DIMMING MIRRORS
INTERIOR LIGHT PACK
AUTO LIGHTS +RAIN SENSORS
CENTRE ARMREST
FRONT AND REAR MATS
Think thats it
Totally unmarked
diesel to petrol well i have had quite a few vw/audi diesels and enjoyed them better.
everyone to there own

mfspen said:
Well I'm doing the opposite tomorrow ! Trading in my 2.0TDI for a 2.0T S-Line.

Apart from fuel consumption, the diesel is not in the same league, IMO.
The 140 maybe but I bet the 170 would give it a serious run for its money. 15% less power but 25% more torque. Be interesting to compare the two, not driven a 2.0T

Vertigo1 said:
The 140 maybe but I bet the 170 would give it a serious run for its money. 15% less power but 25% more torque. Be interesting to compare the two, not driven a 2.0T
It's how the performance of a diesel is delivered that polarises opinion, not so much the numbers. Having run my 2.0TDI for nearly two years, I'd say that for 90% of my driving time, the laid-back delivery of the diesel is more important. Yet there are times when I just wish I could enjoy more linear performance with a bigger rev range. My old Focus ST170 used to be rev-limited at 7300rpm and boy was it fun up there!

grey99 said:
I have advertised it on piston heads if anyine is interested?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/98256.htm
Baffling decision, I have to say, but each to their own, of course.

I find my 2.0T far more flexible than the 2.0TDI ever was
It pulls strongly from 1000rpm, whereas the diesel was dead below 2000rpm.

The 2.0T is amazingly smooth, quiet and refined compared to the diesel too.
Easily, the most refined car I have ever owned in fact !

Are you really sure about this ?

No i am not 100% sure. As i said b4 i am used to audi/vw diesels, i feel that i enjoyed driving them better. I also find the sline a bit too hard a ride as well.
Maybe its the wrong decision as the spec on my is so good.

grey99 said:
No i am not 100% sure. As i said b4 i am used to audi/vw diesels, i feel that i enjoyed driving them better. I also find the sline a bit too hard a ride as well.
Maybe its the wrong decision as the spec on my is so good.
OK, that's fair enough.

The S-Line suspension is a tad firm, although I prefer it.

Some of my friends and colleagues have VWs/Audis with the old 1.9TDI, and that does seem to be more relaxed and flexible than the 2.0TDI at low revs (but less ultimate power, of course). I used to find the 2.0TDI had a torque curve like a cliff face at 2000rpm - most infuriating, at times !

Fair comment, i have had 2 golf tdi, a mkiv 130 and a mk v 140, really enjoyed both. Do not get me wrong the A3 looks awesome.

Well i have now advertised it on auto trader would consider a late reg A3 or Golf TDI. Anyone interested give me a cal or send me a pm
Thanks