Hmmm...?

wilko

Top Gear
Reaction score
I dropped my car off today (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=26842) at the dealers to have my gearbox/clutch/vibrating when pulling off whe cold problem looked at and as my loan car I got a nice 06 plate 2.0 TDI S-line Sportback, with pimped (tint'd) windows, etc, etc... :hubbahubba: looks quite nice (dare I say it (now don't start I'm barely just passing judgement) for a sportback. :keule:

Anyway...
During my drive home (normal route) I'm thinking hang-on why isn't my 2.0 TDI 3 door as nippy (fast) as this? It's seems to be very quick off the mark and so much smoother over the same humps and pot holls as I'm always challenged with and even just normal driving it seems... well better and easier to drive.

Now i'm sure this isn't just me, but how come the Sportback seems 1) better balanced than a 3 door, 2) quicker and 3) quieter?

The sportback has only done 1.5k but it's probably had some stick being a loan car, and to be honest mine hasn't had any stick and it's only done 20k since March 05. So why has mine gone down hill so quick??? I must admit I had expected more from an Audi. Could all these things be related to my clutch/gearbox/vibrating when pulling away in 1st type problem?

Also in the sportbacks favor it does look very nice with that new front end....!! I need to be getting that votex front splitter on mine when I get it back!!

Has anyone else noticed the same type of change when getting a loan or hire car??

Not sure... it says 103kw. Apart from that theres nothing to say what it is. That's what I thought but what else would tell you?

wilko said:
Not sure... it says 103kw. Apart from that theres nothing to say what it is.

If it's 103kw, that equates to 140 bhp. The conversion rate is .7355kw to 1bhp

There you go then... Gutted.. was thinking for a sec that it might have bin but...

It was nice booting it off lights and throwing it around corners, etc... not really giving a f**k, apart from for the £500 excess.

Also decided to get a quote for the front spoiler whilst in the dealer, they wanted £556 including fitting, paint, etc... this seems a little excessive anyone found anywhere any cheaper to get the same fitted??

wilko said:
Now i'm sure this isn't just me, but how come the Sportback seems 1) better balanced than a 3 door, 2) quicker and 3) quieter?
AFAIK, the suspension revisions applied to the Sportback (compared to the original 8P A3) were also applied to the facelifted 3-door. So, if you drove the latest 3-door, you may find it just as good as the SB.

Before I bought my current SB, I also drove the 3-door, and could not really tell any difference chassis wise. The new Sport suspension is firm, but still quite comfortable over most surfaces.