JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Question Outside temp in DIS behaving weird

This morning I started the car and noticed that the temperature in the DIS was reading -38 celcius. Hmmm, that is not right! During the trip to work it slowly rised to +12 within about half an hour and remained there until I arrived at work. Whether or not that was the correct temperature I don't know. Probably still too low.

Has anyone seen this kind of behaviour before? Where is the outside temp sensor located? The car has had its first AVS service last week and I wouldn't be surprised if something was not plugged in properly or damaged during the service.
    A3 sportback 2.0FSI sport, mauritius blue, proline, alu, interior light pack, rain&light sensor, cruise.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    mmm, we're having all 4 seasons in one day over here in UK , so I would have believed those readings, but as you're in Amsterdam, I think you might have a temp sensor problem.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

Lord of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by synthdood
    This morning I started the car and noticed that the temperature in the DIS was reading -38 celcius. Hmmm, that is not right! During the trip to work it slowly rised to +12 within about half an hour and remained there until I arrived at work. Whether or not that was the correct temperature I don't know. Probably still too low.

Has anyone seen this kind of behaviour before? Where is the outside temp sensor located? The car has had its first AVS service last week and I wouldn't be surprised if something was not plugged in properly or damaged during the service.
    I had this on my previous Golf. Turned out the external sensor had fallen off....

1st Gear

Status
    The problem seems to have fixed itself. The DIS displays normal temeratures again.

I wonder if it may have something to do with water. We have had some of the worst terrential rainfalls I have ever seen and I had to drive through some flooded streets (about a foot deep). Although I was very carefull and drove very very slow, the underside of the car probably got soaked anyway. If the temp sensor is somewhere low it most probably got wet.
    A3 sportback 2.0FSI sport, mauritius blue, proline, alu, interior light pack, rain&light sensor, cruise.