New S3 in detail

co55ie said:
The standard 2.0tfsi is even more linear and even less laggy than standard when remapped to similar power to the S3

Sorry I've read that 3 times and I still don't understand what you are saying.

it means that the the standard 200bhp engine when remapped to give 250bhp or so is even smoother and more progressive in its power delivery right round the entire rev range than the standard un remapped engine. There is no noticeable turbo lag at all making it an excellent useable engine with a very similar power output to the S3 but without the lag or coarse edge that the testers all seem to have complained about.

Some newer pics here http://www.dinside.no/php/art.php?id=316665&bid=1 including one of the car in gluto orange with matching interior.

I can't believe how bland the car looks in Dolphin Grey with RS6 wheels. Doesn't look as good as my car. :-/

2222082.jpg

Well people WILL buy it no doubt about that, but I'm not going to be jealous of them.

Cars are all about how it makes you feel. I feel great in mine, theres not a single sub-£30k car on the road I would want to change it for (except an identical one with more extras :rock: ) and the S3 isn't changing that.

The latest Autocar mentions Audi plans to build a fast Cayman beating TT with around 350BHP from a turbocharged 5 pot. Possibly with an S or RS badge for around 35K. Stick the same engine in an A3, flare the arches and you could have yourself an RS3.

Thoughts anyone?

I dont trust autocar - I remember seeing an RS3 pic in auto car ages ago, nothing ever came of that, seems like the motoring equivilent of the Sun.

Dont get me wrong I would love to see an RS3 or 350bhp TT, but it seems autocar seem to know what a lot of people want in a car then photoshop somthing to look good & say it will be made...... but it never turns up

mmmmmmmmm, that's interesting, two mags saying it has turbo lag, that's one thing a chipped 2.0T doesn't have, a 2.0T is boosting at a little after 1500rpm and is positively tramping by 2000rpm, I remember some years ago now my mate had an S2 and he swapped it for an RS2, I must admit after the S2 the RS2 was a very turbo laggy car