rochford tyres rs6 replicas

khalil

Reaction score
http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=236&V_ID=374&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=5x112%20et42,%205x112%20et45,%205x112%20et48,5x112/57-1%20et38&numPageStartPosition=4&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all&Make=Audi&Model=A3%2003>&strSize=18"

are theses the rught offset for my audi 2.0tdi sport,
has anyone brought theses from them or had any problems with these offset

many thanks

Ideally you want a 45mm offset. I'm running a 42mm offset on my RS4 rep's, cars lowered on Eibachs sportline kit (-50mm springs) and I did get rubbing on the rear, this was casued by a flat head screw that holds the sh!t gurd in place. I ground the edge of this down and it cured the problem.

So to answer your question yes they will fit but you may have a slight problem which is easily resolved!

J.

so is there any place where you can buy the 18" rs6 alloys with 45 offset

A 3mm difference in offset is not going to cause rubbing, , however as marriedblonde says if the car is lowered you may have rubbing issues regardless of offset. The offset is different on bigger wheels as they are usually a half inch wider, so to prevent them sticking out too much the offset is smaller.

A few people on here have been running 45mm offset and they have also experienced rubbing problems.

Cupramax and JaminBen had 45mm offset wheels and both said you will have a problem.

J.

Also depends on what sized rubber you're running. Many people go too wide on the tyres to make the most of the wider alloys. The correct size should be 225/40/18. With the correct offset 18" wheels should fit perfectly, afterall they're a standard available option on the 8P A3

Yes but they're hardly likely to be producing RS6 replica's for an RS6, not much of a market I would imagine, that's why you can get them with a PCD of 100mm and 112mm. As most will be used on every other model Audi apart from an RS6 then it would seem logical that the offset would be correct for the A3.

go for the 19" RS6 alloys, I have them and they look much better than 18s, plus the ride isnt bad at all with them. Think they are ET45. Mine is lowered 30mm and has 10mm spacers fitted and this doesnt rub at all.

Cooky

What size rubber are you running, what width of rims do you have! Mine are 18x8 with 225/40 rubber, 42mm offset and they rub. So I can't see how you can get away with 19"s with a 35 offset.

J.

they are ET45 with 235/35/19s (plus 10mm spacers) + 30mm Eibach drop. I'm telling you they fit man! I posted a thread on do spacers fit and have photos on there and shows there is loads of room under the arches so I just bought the spacers and tried them and they fit perfect. Result!

cooky

Yer but if you look at the pics I posted it looks like there is loads of room but mine rub????

Oh well if they fit, they fit.

Cupramax had rubbing on his 2.0T with 45mm offset - front wheels.

JaminBen had rubbing problems with his car with 45mm offset, his is the 3.2

J.

So what's the ideal wheel size and tyre to have for an 8P? I want some 18's on mine but I don't want any rubbing. Plus I've still got Sport suspenssion (at the minute).