Advice on check & dealer

rowansbank

Reaction score
I'm about to take delivery of an A3 3.2 quattro s-line, reg'd 05 on an 05 plate with 16k on the clock, having driven an 06 demonstrator similarly specced. Any advice on things to check and any experience dealing with Audi Chelmsford would be much appreciated. Also Audi Ipswich as I might use them for servicing.
TIA:happy:

I should have said that I am new to this great site!
:sorry:

Welcome to the site, I have an 05 3.2 and cant think of anything particular to check. But then again mine has been problem free. I'm sure others will provide you with a list.....

Thanks, Steve. Guess I'll just kick the tyres and try to look as if I know what I'm doing! :think:

Welcome

I've got the almost the same (well, Sportback 05 on a 55 plate). Nothing in particular to look for, although some steering racks play up with a parking speed grinding noise when turning to the left and it can sometimes feel lumpy if you spin the wheel too fast. A fix came out in Feb this year (replacement rack) which solved mine and has been trouble free since. Doesn't hinder normal driving though but could take weeks to get one.

Only other thing that I have had is a suspect driver door motor for the auto mirrors not allowing the mirror to open up fully (replaced).

Otherwise enjoy it!

Thanks for that Rob. Took my cover note down today and had a quick look as the car was on the front. Looked immaculate in & out. The sales guy was a bit vague on model/trim variations but I managed to work out that unless it is a Sportback, it will only have 3 doors - which is fine by me as we hardly ever have backseat passengers (Billy No-Mates!). It is S-line & DSG - my other half prefers autos so the DSG seems a sensible compromise. Incidentally they have some of the new SUVs on show (?Q something) - they are enormous - bigger than the Range Rover, I was told!

Sorry to revive this thread, but I cant help myself,cant stop browsing religiously to help time past. one more week.

Anyways, can anyone add anything to my check-list? Or recommend removing over-picky ones?

1) check all options/extras
2) test drive it with salesperson
3) tax disc and vin number
4) toolkit and flat tire goodies
5) owner manuals and service log
6) radio working, fader, balance, cd-changer and stuff...
7) go through DIS, make sure there are no dead pixels
8) lights, blinkers...
9) bodywork/windows
10)

honestly though, I might just hop in the car and drive off....but rationality must prevail:keule: