EM TuningVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Launch Control - Not sure

I've been having a play with the launch control feature on the 3.2 DSG and unless I am doing something wrong I am not impressed.
    Every time I tried it I exerienced about a 1 second delay from lifting of the break and launching which defeats the whole object.
    I found the fastest way is just to put it in "S" mode, turn off ESP and put your foot down as normal.

Any thoughts ?
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro Sport

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Agree. Sport or manual mode which changes up at the limiter anyway. There is a delay as you mention with the LC option.

If a quick pull away is needed from a junction e.g. out of petrol station onto fast main road etc, then the hassle of left foot brake, esp off, right foot to floor and wait for 3200rpm (sounding like a learner with no pedal control) then lift off and wait for a second, seems pointless. A gimmick in my opinion.
    2006MY A3 Sportback, 3.2 SLine, Manual, Brilliant Red

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobB
    Agree. Sport or manual mode which changes up at the limiter anyway. There is a delay as you mention with the LC option.

If a quick pull away is needed from a junction e.g. out of petrol station onto fast main road etc, then the hassle of left foot brake, esp off, right foot to floor and wait for 3200rpm (sounding like a learner with no pedal control) then lift off and wait for a second, seems pointless. A gimmick in my opinion.
    I tried it in a 3.2 TT, same thing, can't see the point if it doesn't take off as soon as you let the brake pedal go, as you say, just a gimmick, and the noise it makes? it can't be doing anything any good, did I read some where that after "X" launches you lose the gearbox warranty?
    TTS, 19's,DSG,Sat Nav,phone,elec seats,bose,ex leather,and more

Neutral

Status
    yep there is a bit of a delay, and too be honest its just as quick to floor it from tickover.

But a 4wheel tyre smoking session is far more exiting
    Impreza WRX, Impreza Type R, Impreza WR1.Audi 3.2 V6 DSG Quattro [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Track Days in all of the above.

Reverse Gear

Status
    can b possible in a 2.0 tdi ?
    cheers!!

A3 2.0 TDI DSG SLine
    Spain

Lord of War

Status
    nope, only on the 3.2 DSG.