Launch Control - Not sure

Steve-L

Reaction score
I've been having a play with the launch control feature on the 3.2 DSG and unless I am doing something wrong I am not impressed.
Every time I tried it I exerienced about a 1 second delay from lifting of the break and launching which defeats the whole object.
I found the fastest way is just to put it in "S" mode, turn off ESP and put your foot down as normal.

Any thoughts ?

Agree. Sport or manual mode which changes up at the limiter anyway. There is a delay as you mention with the LC option.

If a quick pull away is needed from a junction e.g. out of petrol station onto fast main road etc, then the hassle of left foot brake, esp off, right foot to floor and wait for 3200rpm (sounding like a learner with no pedal control) then lift off and wait for a second, seems pointless. A gimmick in my opinion.

RobB said:
Agree. Sport or manual mode which changes up at the limiter anyway. There is a delay as you mention with the LC option.

If a quick pull away is needed from a junction e.g. out of petrol station onto fast main road etc, then the hassle of left foot brake, esp off, right foot to floor and wait for 3200rpm (sounding like a learner with no pedal control) then lift off and wait for a second, seems pointless. A gimmick in my opinion.
I tried it in a 3.2 TT, same thing, can't see the point if it doesn't take off as soon as you let the brake pedal go, as you say, just a gimmick, and the noise it makes? it can't be doing anything any good, did I read some where that after "X" launches you lose the gearbox warranty?

yep there is a bit of a delay, and too be honest its just as quick to floor it from tickover.

But a 4wheel tyre smoking session is far more exiting :)