Reversing Sensor Kit

stewarta13wsb

Reaction score
Website
www.stewarta13wsb.plus.com
I've got this on my A3 Sportback.

When you engage reverse it usually gives a short bleep, then nothing until you get close to something, but recently, and more frequently, sometimes when I flick it into reverse it give a longer, higher pitched tone?

It's like an error/fault sound but nothing comes up on the display. Any ideas?

Still doing it, so phoned my dealer in Inverness - 'need to plug it into the diagnostic system for fault codes' - in other words not a scoobie (or just couldn't be bothered)
So now I have a 4 hour round trip to get a fault code, followed by another if it needs a part they don't stock :(
Phoned the local Volkswagon dealership (the one that fixed my bonnet/grill alignment) but they don't do Audi warranty work so I'd have to pay. Fair enough I guess - but question... how much do you guys think for a quick plug in and a fault code, which I could then phone to Audi and get them to get the part??
Any other suggestions welcome, thanks,

The problem is the Audi dealer may say they have to 'see with their own eyes' the fault code and not be willing to put through a warranty claim on your say so.

Have you not got an Audi dealer more local than 2hrs away?

stewarta13wsb said:
Still doing it, so phoned my dealer in Inverness - 'need to plug it into the diagnostic system for fault codes' - in other words not a scoobie (or just couldn't be bothered)
So now I have a 4 hour round trip to get a fault code, followed by another if it needs a part they don't stock :(
Phoned the local Volkswagon dealership (the one that fixed my bonnet/grill alignment) but they don't do Audi warranty work so I'd have to pay. Fair enough I guess - but question... how much do you guys think for a quick plug in and a fault code, which I could then phone to Audi and get them to get the part??
Any other suggestions welcome, thanks,

Ah yes but look at the roads you get to drive on :)

Have they finished fixing that bloomin bridge near you yet?