Volks AutosEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

Swissoled the car today

Bought some Swissol stuff this week to give the car a treat

I used to use the three stage Megiuars wax set but thought I would try the PTFE Sheild wax from Swissol to stop bird muck marking the car. Ive just finished and have to say that the sheild wax goes on and come off far more easily than the megs stuff ever did and the car is nearly too hot to touch today(also took under 3 hours compared to 5 for the Megs kit). The finish seems to be getting deeper too after only an hour of finishing. So far im very happy with the results and will be buying the rest of the kit over the coming months.

Anyway heres some pics

Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice! Is it much dearer then Megs?

4th Gear

Status
    The wax was about 80 but i spent 183 in total on the nice to have things i.e seal feed, paint rubber etc. Although really you only need the paint cleaner and wax as you can use cotton towels to wipe it off instead of the micro fibre cloths I bought. I'm going to be buying a little bit more of their stuff each month now, im really pleased at how it came out.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi dandle, didn't realise you were over here too, thought this post looked familiar

Looking good, am aiming to get a black S-Line myself next time, albeit diesel. The RS6 alloys are just pure sex.

cheesypeas

Status
    im tempted to try the swissol stuff, might try the lazyboy's wax first. as meg's really isnt that great, bird poo still stains the paint
    1999 1.8 SE A4 100% standard tank, all green.
    Alpine old skool
    Helix RS6 - PHD PRO 4070
    Coral 10" passive setup - PHD 2200

5th Gear

Status
    Did mine yesterday, megs stage 1, then auto glym ultra deep, then Pinnacle Souveran - now thats good stuff
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by easytease
    im tempted to try the swissol stuff, might try the lazyboy's wax first. as meg's really isnt that great, bird poo still stains the paint
    If you don't fancy splashing out on the swissol stuff there are plenty of other alternatives that give excellant results for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not just sayinig this as I don't want to spend the money on products as thats not the case. My pref is for the zymol range (very similar to swissol) and the destiny and concours wax are my favourites (both have eye watering price tags)

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

RAA RAA like a dungeon dragon!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    If you don't fancy splashing out on the swissol stuff there are plenty of other alternatives that give excellant results for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not just sayinig this as I don't want to spend the money on products as thats not the case. My pref is for the zymol range (very similar to swissol) and the destiny and concours wax are my favourites (both have eye watering price tags)

J.
    Like?.........

Lord of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cocain
    Like?.........
    Destiny glaze is normally about 480, Concours is a snip at about 160

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    Hi dandle, didn't realise you were over here too, thought this post looked familiar

Looking good, am aiming to get a black S-Line myself next time, albeit diesel. The RS6 alloys are just pure sex.

Didnt realise you were on here either. Cheers for the comments, The wheels are one of the best bits of the car they are so easy to clean. You looking at getting the 170 or 140 diesel?

4th Gear

Status
    Playing Devil's Advocate here, do we have any proof that Swissol or any other premium wax stops bird poo marking paint?

I wax my car religiously and read many many detailing forums but still haven't come across anything that forms a barrier against bird poo. The waxes will be a few microns thick, the bird poo as low as pH3! The best we can hope for is a delay in etching so we can get it off within 12hrs.

In fact I've read on some forums guys almost in tears who have layered top quality product x over top quality product y over top quality product z and still get their paint etched.

Just don't want you guys getting lulled into a false sense of security!
    Last edited by cdb2; 7th August 2006 at 17:13.
    Sportback

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dandle
    Didnt realise you were on here either. Cheers for the comments, The wheels are one of the best bits of the car they are so easy to clean. You looking at getting the 170 or 140 diesel?
    170 if I can

Neutral

Status
    Absolutely great finish - well done mate!