Swissoled the car today

Dandle

Reaction score
Bought some Swissol stuff this week to give the car a treat
IMG_0774.jpg

I used to use the three stage Megiuars wax set but thought I would try the PTFE Sheild wax from Swissol to stop bird muck marking the car. Ive just finished and have to say that the sheild wax goes on and come off far more easily than the megs stuff ever did and the car is nearly too hot to touch today(also took under 3 hours compared to 5 for the Megs kit). The finish seems to be getting deeper too after only an hour of finishing. So far im very happy with the results and will be buying the rest of the kit over the coming months.

Anyway heres some pics
front1.jpg

Front2-1.jpg

Back-1.jpg

Side1.jpg

The wax was about £80 but i spent £183 in total on the nice to have things i.e seal feed, paint rubber etc. Although really you only need the paint cleaner and wax as you can use cotton towels to wipe it off instead of the micro fibre cloths I bought. I'm going to be buying a little bit more of their stuff each month now, im really pleased at how it came out.

Hi dandle, didn't realise you were over here too, thought this post looked familiar :)

Looking good, am aiming to get a black S-Line myself next time, albeit diesel. The RS6 alloys are just pure sex.

easytease said:
im tempted to try the swissol stuff, might try the lazyboy's wax first. as meg's really isnt that great, bird poo still stains the paint :(

If you don't fancy splashing out on the swissol stuff there are plenty of other alternatives that give excellant results for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not just sayinig this as I don't want to spend the money on products as thats not the case. My pref is for the zymol range (very similar to swissol) and the destiny and concours wax are my favourites (both have eye watering price tags)

J.

marriedblonde said:
If you don't fancy splashing out on the swissol stuff there are plenty of other alternatives that give excellant results for a fraction of the cost.

I'm not just sayinig this as I don't want to spend the money on products as thats not the case. My pref is for the zymol range (very similar to swissol) and the destiny and concours wax are my favourites (both have eye watering price tags)

J.

Like?.........

Vertigo1 said:
Hi dandle, didn't realise you were over here too, thought this post looked familiar :)

Looking good, am aiming to get a black S-Line myself next time, albeit diesel. The RS6 alloys are just pure sex.

Didnt realise you were on here either. Cheers for the comments, The wheels are one of the best bits of the car they are so easy to clean. You looking at getting the 170 or 140 diesel?

Playing Devil's Advocate here, do we have any proof that Swissol or any other premium wax stops bird poo marking paint?

I wax my car religiously and read many many detailing forums but still haven't come across anything that forms a barrier against bird poo. The waxes will be a few microns thick, the bird poo as low as pH3! The best we can hope for is a delay in etching so we can get it off within 12hrs.

In fact I've read on some forums guys almost in tears who have layered top quality product x over top quality product y over top quality product z and still get their paint etched.

Just don't want you guys getting lulled into a false sense of security!

dandle said:
Didnt realise you were on here either. Cheers for the comments, The wheels are one of the best bits of the car they are so easy to clean. You looking at getting the 170 or 140 diesel?
170 if I can :)