Audi RS3

tibbs

Reaction score
Just wondering if they don't do a four door version of S3 are they going to build an rs3? I need the four doors for the young lad

word on the street is there will be a RS3 and it will have a 3.2 V6 engine :)

goodness knows how long we will have to wait though.

Looking at the S3 youd think they'd have to be holding back for something. But I think it's more likely they're just lazy.

I don't see their being an RS3, An S3 with the following:

Bucket Seats
Full Leather
RS4 Wheels
Sat Nav
Flat Bottomed Wheel
Bose
Parking Sensors

is gonna be well, well over 30k and those are the options I'd have. Can you imagine how an RS3 would fit into the range? nope, me either.

TDI-line said:
And what is the word.

A program on CH4 hosted by this bell end ;)

PplTerryChristian5Z29.jpg

The street is called " COME ON AUDI GET THIS A3 SORTED BEFORE I FALL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL "
:lol:

Im hoping they may read this thread and realise that some people want a 4WD hot hatch thats hotter than all the rest !!!!

tibbs said:
lol dya remember oliver reed on it showing everyone his warrior!! car crash tv!!

ollie reed, great swordsman (allegedly)

mark88 said:
Looking at the S3 youd think they'd have to be holding back for something. But I think it's more likely they're just lazy.

Bucket Seats
Full Leather
RS4 Wheels
Sat Nav
Flat Bottomed Wheel
Bose
Parking Sensors

is gonna be well, well over 30k and those are the options I'd have. Can you imagine how an RS3 would fit into the range? nope, me either.

Yep i agree the spec sheet looks good, but people Buy the S and RS to go fast not to poodle about admiring interior !

The A3 chasis can easily handle 350 BHP, i think Audi should provide the goods.

mark88 said:

Bucket Seats
Full Leather
RS4 Wheels
Sat Nav
Flat Bottomed Wheel
Bose
Parking Sensors

If it came in sportback guise with DSG or whatever Audi are calling it this month, as a 3.2 with a couple of small turbos, like the 335i, so no lag I would be prepared to pay £34k for a base model.
I would rather pay £38k for an RS3 with 330+ BHP than £32k for the S3, for me the S3 is 'too little too late' as it seems for quite a lot of people, a few of the guys on tyresmoke etc. have said that for £32k they would rather have a 335i, 0-60mph in under 5.5seconds and it gets to 100mph in under 13 seconds, and it seems to be a whole lot more car for the money too.

Not everyone want a big heavy car like the RS4, an RS3 would appeal to those people. It isn't just Audi though, alot of people think BMW should offer an M1 as the new M3 is going to be too big, again some folk would prefer a smaller, more chuckable car.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months.

Eeef said:
I'd bet my left one that the RS3 never happens. Audi will already be looking at what superceeds the 8P, it's been out for 3 years already.

Slated replacement date for the A3 is 2010 - there might be a facelift, but no new car until then.

OK im off to DUMP my Audi Off the CLiff :(

Why did i bother wither Audi,

Ive driven this 3,2 Quttro to the limit Round TRacks and roads in the past few years, its just begging for 350 BHP to make it wild, its not going to happen is it :(

Time to move one.................. but where.......... Back to the late 80s IMports from Japan i supose......

Or to Make the A3 3.2 something special down the SUPER CHARGE ROUTE ????

who knows,

Im really disapointed with Audi, If i was a old man who smoked a pipe Well yess Audi For me, but im want 4wd power amd performance, something that Audi can not provide :(

Bye Bye Audi

S_Line said:
OK im off to DUMP my Audi Off the CLiff :(

Why did i bother wither Audi,

Ive driven this 3,2 Quttro to the limit Round TRacks and roads in the past few years, its just begging for 350 BHP to make it wild, its not going to happen is it :(

Time to move one.................. but where.......... Back to the late 80s IMports from Japan i supose......

Or to Make the A3 3.2 something special down the SUPER CHARGE ROUTE ????

who knows,

Im really disapointed with Audi, If i was a old man who smoked a pipe Well yess Audi For me, but im want 4wd power amd performance, something that Audi can not provide :(

Bye Bye Audi

The last thing the front heavy 3.2 needs is the added weight of a supercharger/intercooler and all the relavent other bits to go with it..........

johnmv55 said:
The last thing the front heavy 3.2 needs is the added weight of a supercharger/intercooler and all the relavent other bits to go with it..........

go on lay the boot in :(

Eeef said:
Try the RS6 saloon....that's quite interesting, or if you've got the cash the RS4

But i want a small car that has massive power, not a big heavy bus with loads of power.

I can understand why Audi Wont make a RS3, as it would be Lighter, Faster, than the other RS range and cost alot less.

When people buy into the RS range they want the best that audi can offer for performance, if they are paying 50K + and see that a 35K RS3 out performs in every way, its not money well spent as they would not have the fastest one ?

I don't think an RS3 would take away customers from the RS4 or RS6. People who buy an RS4 or RS6 would probably not even consider an RS3. They are aimed at different markets. The RS4 and RS6 are aimed at customers, particulally in Germany, who want a car larger than an A3 for long autobahn runs etc. Size is important to some people! The RS3 would be aimed at younger drivers who do not need or want a larger car but who do want a car with a lot of power and can afford a better quality model.

Who would buy the RS3?

Ive noticed a lot of posts saying the new S3 is not powerfull enough - but many at the same time moaning that it is too expensive. with all the extras the s3 might be approx £33k.

A mythical Rs3 would have to be faster - better body kit - more uprated equipment etc etc - and with all the extras would come in £36K+ etc etc etc.

If that is the case who would buy one? when an S4 aint much more expensive, it would be a niche market with very limited buyers i would think - would Audi even see this as economically viable??? - thus would it ever be made?

original RS4 and RS2 were more "niche" cars. I would say the same for the M3 CSL, GT3RS and maybe Clio V6. A stripped out lightweight limited edition RS3 would be economically viable if done right. :racer:

The RS4 was more expensive than the s6 in the past so it is possible they would make an RS3 that expensive, however I don't think they'll make one full stop, I also think the S3 holds it's own in the speed dept, it's going to be pretty much as quick as a 335i give or take 0.1 of a sec so it's quicker than pretty much anything upto the new M3 from BMW.

335i is gonna be what 0-62 5.5 secs? Anyway i know there wont be an RS3 but it would be pretty good if they did! merc have now got the AMG Black Edition everyones upping there game

Mailed Audi Ireland about the S3 and got the replies below, I thought the "no confirmed plans yet" for an RS3 was interesting..........

No problem Dermot.
It should be a cracker alright. The engine will be a 2.0 TFSI 265bhp unit and the car will also come with quattro as standard. We were told some months back by Audi AG there were no plans for a Sportback as three door cars looked a lot sportier, keep your fingers crossed they change their mind. No confirmed plans for an RS3 yet, but you never know.
Best Regards,
Mark.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 02 August 2006 16:55
To: Mark McGrath
Subject: Re: Audi S3 Query
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the quick response. I saw the audi press release on the germancarfans.com site yesterday, if the car goes as good as it looks it will be a cracker. Pity about the lack of a four door version, I've a 2 month old boy so the four doors are needed! I wonder is there a chance of an RS3 sportback!
Thanks again for the info
Dermot
To: Dermot Tobin
Sent: Wed Aug 02 16:14:31 2006
Subject: Audi S3 Query
Hi Dermot,
Many thanks for your web query.
The new S3 is due to be launched at the Paris Motor Show in September.
The first cars will be available to order from October and we should start seeing our first cars arrive into Ireland in November. Pricing is being finalised at the moment and will be announced very soon.
Please see attached three pictures of the car. The first pictures were released yesterday.
According to our information Dermot, there will not be an S3 Sportback.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact me.
With Best Regards,
Mark McGrath
Audi Ireland.

Sent: 02 August 2006 00:00
To: Mark McGrath
Subject: Webform Message
Just enquiring about the new s3 any idea of launch date / irish pricing?
Also will there be a sportback s3?
Name: Mr. Dermot Tobin
Please contact me by: Email
Address: Limerick
PostCode: 061
Town/City: Limerick
Email: dermot
Make: Audi
Model: A3
Year: 05
Profession: IT
Date of birth: 05.05.1976
consent_title: I accept

I do like the look of the AMG merc, it has a Mechanical Aggressiveness look to it.

Tibbs i have a 5 month year old and and 5 year old both fits fine in the 3 door. Youll be surprised what can fit in a little A3.