Badger5AH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

I've picked it up

Well I picked my car up yesterday (A3 3.2 DSG)

Have not had a chance yet to have a play as driving in the rush hour is not really the place. Although on leaving the dealers to be faced with a 30 minute traffic jam instantly showed the advantages of automatic.

Noticed that in "D" mode it changes up very quickly (35mph 5th gear), I guess thats for maximum economy and would also explain the delay at junctions I have read about on here.

Overall I am very happy and looking forward to having a play at the weekend.

2 initial questions:
    Do people tend to use 95 or 98 RON fuel ?
    Does the alarm not have an interior sensor as I locked the car but left the windows slightly open and waved my hand around inside and no alarm went off, also I cannot see any flashing light in the car to indicate the alarm has been activated ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-L
    Do people tend to use 95 or 98 RON fuel ?
    Good question actually, picking up my 2.0T soon - which one gives best value?
    2.0T FSi quattro Sline - Lava Grey
    Bose/Symphony

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CurryMilkShake
    have I got it right Bowfer??
    Don't encourage him CMS!!
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Lord of War

Status
    Fuel? I'd go for 98 Ron, painful though it may be.

Sensor? Should be there although I think others have reported it as a bit iffy (and you won't hear the alarm whe nit goes off either )

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CurryMilkShake
    The delay is when stationary, wanting to pull away, and the gearbox decides instead that it will have a little think about it first, maybe put the kettle on, a quick look at the crossword, etc, and then finally gets the message and decides that you can indeed move forward.. by this time of course you are feeding so much power in that the car then launches off the line, ESP light flashing like mad, and everyone thinks that you are some useless hesitant driver who cant control the car properly.. doesnt do it all the time, just enough to really p155 you off!

have I got it right Bowfer??
    Pretty much spot on.
    Good description.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeef
    Fuel? I'd go for 98 Ron, painful though it may be.
    Agreed. I use Shell Optimax or BP Ultimate. The car runs much better, and delivers slightly higher mpg, which helps offset the extra cost.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals