Removal of Centre Arm Rest

Leetaylor

Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody know how to remove the armrest in the A3 Sline, its an 06 model if that helps??

There is a very anoying clicking noise coming from the vicinity of the armrest, and the car is going in next week for a few bits and pieces, would like to know if it is the actual arm rest before i start kicking off at the dealer, otherwise i'll get the usual speal, "Oh they all do that", or "Its natural Movement" etc etc etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Lee

Here are copies of the instructions from the electronic workshop manual for removing and dismantling the centre armrest. Hope these help.

armrest1

armrest2

Is the entire workshop manual available anywhere as a download? Do you have it? Fancy sending me a copy? :D

Copies are normally available to purchase on eBay for a few pounds. If you do decide to buy one, make sure it covers the latest A3. Some of the copies offered from the US do not include the A3. Just search for Audi on eBay and it should bring up copies.

If you can stop it creaking then please let me know how. Since the hot weather it's done nothing other than make a noise and it's doing my head in.

take out the ashtray and other thing and you will see the one nut that hold the arm rest on - give it a tighten

wilko said:
If you can stop it creaking then please let me know how. Since the hot weather it's done nothing other than make a noise and it's doing my head in.

Mmm, know what you mean, i'm very Anal about creaks, rattles etc, even to the point where it'll drive me that mad if i or the dealer can't sort them out, i'd probably sell the car!!
Is there actually a car on the road that doesn't creak/rattle and squeek i wonder??

Seem to have sorted the rattling noise out though, was a loose wire in the centre consol, won't be long before another one vear's its head tho, can guarantee it!.

Lee

Is there actually a car on the road that doesn't creak/rattle and squeek i wonder??

Yes my A3 3-door.

Mine doesn't creak anymore. I had two creaks, one from the driver's seatbelt height adjuster (i.e. right behind my ear) and one from the overhead lighting console. Reported both to the dealer and they dismanted and re-assembled them, fixing the creaks. No problems since.

I too am very sensitive to noises and, whilst you can drown them out with the stereo, that's hardly the point and sometimes I like to cruise along in silence. This is one thing that always annoys me about these reliability surveys they do where they ask people who've owned cars for a year or two to report on them. The problem is that your expectations differ depending on the car in question. A great many people who'd consider a creak or rattle in a Ford Focus to be par for the course would consider the same noise in an Audi or BMW to be totally unacceptable. In other words, the exact same fault in an Audi will typically give rise to more complaints than it would in a Ford.