mp3 on symphony

a3guy

Reaction score
i have the symphony 2 radio

can a ipod adapter or the new usb adapter be installed with this ?

a3guy said:
i have the symphony 2 radio

can a ipod adapter or the new usb adapter be installed with this ?

Don't see why not, both the iPod/USB adapter are consoles located in the glove compartment so must be an AUX in type connection round the back. I hope so as I haven't specified it on my new car but might have it retro fitted.

Do a search on the ICe forum part, there quite a few articels. The most popular interface is the Dension one for connecting up your ipod. They use the CD player interface and you control the iPod as a multichanger. There's some other options as well for connecting up a memory stick for example.

J.

The problem is if you do many miles you have to keep changing the broadcast frequency of these iTrip type things due to our overcrowded airwaves.
Go for either the Audi ipod adaptor or the Dension one.

the ipod adapter will be costly as i dont own an ipod , but i do have an assortment of usb sticks.

any body got the part number of the usb adapter and cost ?

also how do i fit it in the glove box do i need any extra bits ?

That looks great.
Is it easy to route the cable down from the console, and out behind the handbrake into the armrest?

Halfords do an adapter which is an almost identical, plug in jobby.
Made by Connect2 and costs 49.99.
I've recently fitted one to connect my Tomtom 910 MP3 player & handsfree kit.
Took me about 30mins to fit the adapter and about another hour to tidy the wiring up.

so it looks like i have these options

buy new glovebox and and usb adapter to fit in where changer goes
buy solisto device prefer oem though
buy a rns-e use sd cards
hope audi bring symphony 3 to our shores
buy dension ipod adapter and ipod.

so far im liking the rns-e and symphony 3 route.

for now i will use el cheapo casette adapter thing and nokia pop port to 3.5mm jack for my n70 as an mp3 player. bagain £4 all in

CurryMilkShake said:
Each of my kids has a different player, 1 iPOD, 1 Creative Zen, 1 Sony, 1 Generic thing, and I have an Archos.. They all work a treat, so whoever is in the car is happy!

You allow the children to drive your car?!?!?!

CurryMilkShake said:
Yes thats exactly it.

Downside: You dont get control of the player from the head unit.. (which you do get with the dension ice-link - but as the only ipod we have has been replaced by apple SIX times now and is still crap, we won't be buying another.. Everything from losing its formatting (regularly) to not powering on, to controls failing, displays failing, you name it.. complete rubbish. Top service from Apple, lots of new players, but theyre all consistently cr4p!!!

Cheers Mr Curry :D