JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Strange incident

Had a strange incident tonight on the way home from work!

Driving along at quite a pace, when there was an almighty BANG, and all i saw was what resembled a black flash fly up in front of the car, then go back down smacking the front bumper again and dissapear behind me.

Pulled over into a lay-by on the Woodhead Pass to look what damage had been done, initial thoughts were that a waggon had flicked something out from a tyre, maybe a bit of mudflap!

Turns out it was the plate/flap that covers the towing eye, somehow it had come loose, was obviously flapping around in the wind, then snapped, thus causing a deep scratch/gouge on the bumper on its travels!!!! 'Bummer'

It was hard to tell at first if it had hit anywhere else due to the collection of road kill on the bumper!!

Washed them off later though, and luckily no more damage ' Phew'

So recovered the plate anyway after dodging a few waggons, however, it had been run over a few times, so will have to order a new'n!

Presume these is a lead in with the order of these due to paint colours etc????

So, check your flaps are secure!
    Cheers

Lee

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lord of War

Status
    Wait for Audi to tell you you need a whole new bumper

Neutral

Status
    Got a price from Audi, 52 inc VAT, nearly fell of my chair, told them it was the little flap, 2.5" X 2.0" approx, not the whole bumper - Robbing B**terds

Rang around and got one for 5.45 Inc Vat
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-line, 06/06, Black/Black Heated Leather, SatNav, Xenons, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, P/Sensors etc

4th Gear

Status
    52 - phewwww! Presumably that inc painting too?

Was the 5.45 flap from another dealer and is it painted?
    Sportback

Status
    Spray the new one yourself, considerabley cheaper than getting the dealer to do it!

As it is only a small part it'll be nice and easy to do. When you get the spray can sit them in hot water prior to using and it'll make the paint flow in a more uniform manner.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Neutral

Status
    Yes that did include paint, but spoke to a mate of mine today who used to paint cars for a living, says if i give him the paint ref for the car he can get the exact spray, about a tenner, and he'll do it too, so 17 is better than 50 odd!
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-line, 06/06, Black/Black Heated Leather, SatNav, Xenons, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, P/Sensors etc

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cdb2
    52 - phewwww! Presumably that inc painting too?

Was the 5.45 flap from another dealer and is it painted?

That was from a company i found on the net, much cheaper than the main dealer, i'll post the details when i get them.